Lead Game PM
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156430
Position Title: Lead Game PM
Lead Product Manager JD - EA Mobile - India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few but perhaps what you don’t know is how committed we are to creating games for every platform—from PC to Console to Mobile. We exist to give our Players that Anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative potential, be inspired by those around you and engage in architecting success at scale
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices and online environments that deliver seamless play Anytime, Anywhere and on Any Mobile device. From Star Wars to Simpsons to Plants vs Zombies, EA Mobile houses some of the most beloved Mobile Game IP’s connecting a market of more than one billion casual and core gamers worldwide. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games represents one of EA Mobile’s largest Studio Teams with a size ~75 passionate mobile game experts involved in Game Design, Engineering, Art, Production, Product Management, Analytics and Community Management and we own the Live Services for some of EA’s Top mobile titles. We are looking for an accomplished Business Leader to join our Studio Leadership Team as ‘Lead Product Manager’.
Who Are You
You have a minimum of 9 years of authentic, hands-on experience in Product Management of the B2C Digital kind – We would love it if some of that experience is in Gaming. Consumer Internet, Mobile Product Development and Digital Retail would be other close domain matches and we look for demonstrable depth in providing Strategic and Functional leadership. You are positively animated about driving Product Success in a highly competitive Business and Sincere about leading the Product Management Team to shape the careers of your Team members. Key attributes include authentic understanding of Digital Consumer Behaviours and Business models, Sharp analytical skills, Ability to create and institutionalize Product and Business measurement frameworks and Articulate strategies. Ability to communicate in a global environment and the temperament to perform in a truly Cross-Functional set-up is critical.
What is the Role:
- Engage with the Product Leadership Team(s) comprising of Producer, Designer, Game Product Manager and the Studio Leadership Team to arrive at the right Product Strategy that delivers on the Creative Vision and Business Goals of the franchise.
- Mentor the Product Managers on Game Economy Design and track the tuning efforts - Be Accountable for state of Economy of all the Games in the portfolio
- Develop strategic plan around User Engagement & Acquisition – Involves collaboration with EA Partner Orgs such as Publishing, Network Engagement and Marketing to amplify the chances of Product success
- Drive Business forecasting considering Product and Industry Trends, Tech and Design realities and other Strategic Insights
- Strategize Player Lifecycle Management - Messaging, Segmentation, Personalization, Game Events etc. Involves partnering with Product Marketing on the presentation of game updates in line with the Franchise/Product ethos
- Regularly partner, present and report to studio leadership and stakeholders on Product Health, Opportunities and Risks
- Provide Functional Leadership to the Product Management Function – Goal Setting & Performance Feedback, Scaling Competencies and facilitating Career growth.
What Drives Success at EA in this Role
- Strong passion for Mobile gaming and understanding of Mobile + Freemium Business model. Accountability for Business Outcomes.
- Fluency with metrics driven decision making combined with a sense of Design and Aesthetics – Games are the high point of convergence between Art and Science
- Earning the respect of the Cross Functional Team through authentic insights on Game Design, Business Fundamentals and Analytical Methodologies
- A ‘Creative Product Development’ mind-set – Iterative nature of work, Comfort with complexity and change, Multi-Disciplinary approach to problem solving
- Sharp Business Acumen that is grounded in a self-assured and context aware style of functioning
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Game PM
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-17 03:15:20.46
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.