Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156429
Position Title: Producer I
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few but perhaps what you don’t know is how committed we are to creating games for every platform—from PC to Console to Mobile. We exist to give our Players that Anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative potential, be inspired by those around you and engage in architecting success at scale
Electronic Arts, India based in Hyderabad, is a sizeable 400 strong operation and is a key strategic location for the company.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices and online environments that deliver seamless play Anytime, Anywhere and on Any Mobile device. From Star Wars to Simpsons to Plants vs Zombies, EA Mobile houses some of the most beloved Mobile Game IP’s connecting a market of more than one billion casual and core gamers worldwide. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games represents one of EA Mobile’s most valued studio teams with highly talented mobile game experts involved in Game Design, Engineering, Art, Production, Product Management, Analytics and Community Management and the studio is responsible for some of EA’s Top mobile titles. We are looking for an accomplished Business Leader to join our Studio Leadership Team as ‘Head of Product Management’.
Senior Producer – EA Mobile, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
As a Senior Producer you are responsible for establishing and executing on the vision of game titles, to EA’s exacting quality standards. Oversee the entire lifecycle of the game from concept to launch and post launch Live Services, with a strong desire to research and communicate game market trends, patterns, and customer requirements.
You'll need to understand how to help self-organizing teams accomplish great things, and drive communication so that we can reach past what any of us can do on our own. You'll bring innovative ideas about organization, production, and about the future of interactive entertainment. You have relevant experience in game development, production management and leadership.
- Champion the vision of the game which respects the creative director’s vision and Product Manager’s business expertise and be accountable for the quality targets and the results achieved.
- Provide clear context to the team for how the features fit into the larger game, how they fit into the marketplace, and how it serves and delights our fans.
- Help team prioritize highest business value features and set quality targets.
- Be the Voice of the players for the area of ownership, articulate clearly their expectations to the team and provide actionable items.
- Sell the value of your game across EA and our industry, including interviews & meetings with the press, partner companies, EA executives, etc.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to junior producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
- Support the Studio leadership to cultivate a strong development organization: grow talent, make timely decisions, inspire and create a motivating workplace.
- 8+ years’ experience as a Producer within the video game industry, managing large internal teams within the video game industry (Software Engineers, Artists, Designers, Audio Specialists, Senior Project Managers, Associate Producers etc.).
- Ability to know what types of products will sell and what won't sell and be able to assess the feasibility of producing a new product – Knowledge of Mobile + Freemium is critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Ability to represent the product in Exec level conversations
- Successful track record in the development of high-profile entertainment and software products.
- Strong knowledge of the software/game market and platforms; assertive and motivated team player.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Strong technical background a plus
About ‘Slingshot Games’
Slingshot Games, part of the EA Mobile WW Studios is a highly regarded mobile game studio. Seeped in EA’s ‘Player First’ philosophy, we are ‘Known For’ delivering high quality, engaging, and – most importantly – infinitely fun gaming experiences on all Mobile platforms.
Slingshot Games is involved in building and running some of the most iconic game brands in the world. We partner with EA WW publishing, marketing, and platform development Team(s) in a true ‘One EA’ spirit and that provides a truly global reach for the work we deliver.
Our passion and enthusiasm for games, combined with a firm commitment to give our players the greatest possible game experiences shine through in every pixel and line of code, in every update and design decision. We believe that great games that entertain players and inspire loyal fans can only come from happy and inspired people and so, we carry the same fervor to provide our people with the best facilities, the scope for creative expression and career growth.
Community / Marketing Title: Producer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-17 03:16:20.9
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.