Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156426
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Software Engineer (Regular Part-Time)
Development and Release Engineering (DRE), are EA’s global automation specialists. We are a team of more than 80 staff based in eight EA studios in North America and Europe. We pride ourselves on working closely with our customers, who are the company’s game, engine, and content teams. DRE serves its customers through (verb) build automation, configuration management, continuous integration, and ensuring automation is running smoothly.
- Communicate with the game team, IT and partner teams to ensure requirements on preservation/archiving are accurate and up to date.
- Provide regular status reports, and fully document details on the title being archived/preserved.
- Set up a virtual machine with local Perforce server that contains game assets/source code for every changelist that was shipped or patched
- Set up build environment on the VM, replicate the build pipeline, debug and test that the builds produce runnable games for every changelist and SKU that were shipped/patched
- Verify generated binary and package integrity, ensuring the shipped builds have been accurately reproduced.
- Test basic game functionality (game booting, going into offline mode, etc.)
- Document the configuration and process
- Find ways to automate and/or improve the archiving/preservation process
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Design flexible solutions that work in multiple environments and require little to no maintenance. These solutions generally utilize existing tools rather than creating new ones
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Jenkins experience (or similar automation engine)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems including network, OS or hardware
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Software development experience (Co-op Terms included)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS (server & workstation)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integrations
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages), batch, and XML
- Experience writing and debugging in Java or C#
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Knowledge of existing CM tools and methodologies is advantageous
- Experience with large-scale, high-availability, high-throughput automation systems
- Experience working with gaming consoles
- Experience working with Linux, OSX/MacOS
- Experience with distributed build systems
- Experience in IP Preservation
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-16 17:36:24.407
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA