RPM Java Programmer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 156406
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
Main Purpose of the Role
The SE will work on the continued development and support of RPM Shift, an enterprise application responsible for managing, transferring and tracking EA intellectual property, game builds, throughout the organization. The candidate designs and codes the required features in a large web based application. They are expected to perform the requirement gathering, analysis and design tasks, taking basic concepts all the way through the development cycle to their completion.
The ideal candidate must be able to function and thrive in a rapidly changing, agile development environment, and deliver high-quality, timely results without being micromanaged.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and verify technical requirements from stakeholders or business analysts
- Author designs ensuring completion of all requirements
- Analyze business processes and define application workflows focusing on usability
- Establish quality standards through code reviews and design approvals
- Participate in the implementation plan that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies and deliverables
- Write high quality code and debug across multiple modules while dealing with related external dependencies
- Perform complete testing of web applications – unit, system and black box testing
- Document tools and practices and participate actively in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
- Train and mentor co-workers within understood expertise
- Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
Skills and Knowledge Required
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong Java programming skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Excellent Software Engineering skills
- 8+ years of proven experience in web development projects
- Performing systems analysis and architecture. Coding own designs.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Java EE, Spring Integration
- Rabbit MQ
- Experience in Nuxeo Platform; DM, or DAM
- Past experience of working in a multi-cultural, distributed team
- Programming skills in Microsoft technologies (.NET, C#)
- Experience working with databases, MS SQL, Oracle, etc.
Behaviors / Competencies:
- User-centered design sensibilities
- Highly proactive with an ability to think outside of the box
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and driven by results
- Able to work independently, or as part of a team, efficiently to meet deadlines
- Analytical, reflexive
- Effective time management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Community / Marketing Title: RPM Java Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-05 09:39:21.23
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.