Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156388
Position Title: Creative Director I [IC]
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
For this position, we’re looking for wildly creative applicants with a real passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, collaborative mentality.
- Develop a design direction, which delivers to the project requirements
- Collaborate with other project leads to set clear objectives and priorities for development
- Continuously drive understanding, alignment and excitement for your vision within the team and with external partners
- Inspire, guide and mentor designers on your team in the pursuit of strong, creative designs implemented to the highest quality
- Provide and solicit feedback from all stakeholders and team members in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project
- Serve as a player advocate on the team, drawing from research, playtest data and feedback to forge an outstanding player experience
- Be accountable for the project quality targets as well as the results achieved
- 5+ years of experience leading game teams, defining design direction, and taking games from concept to completion
- Passion for playing and making games, with a deep understanding of what makes them fun
- Understanding of mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
- FPS and/or live service experience
- Experience with usability and accessibility testing, and/or user research
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with your resume. We may ask you to take a practical test as part of the application process.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-03 20:06:10.677
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.