Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156309
Position Title: Animator 2
EAs Vancouver-based Motion Capture Studio serves the motion capture needs for all of EAs game development teams world-wide. In our state-of-the-art studio we capture a wide spectrum of data types – 3D scanning, virtual cinematography, and motion capture to name a few. As a member of the team you will be directly responsible for supporting various game development teams with the creation of animation content. In this role you will support the integration of motion data by using EA propriety technologies to maintain the highest quality animation possible. Successful candidates will work closely with the animation teams in both post production, and on the live performance stage.
• Create high quality body animation art assets for use in game
• Experience with retargeting motion capture body data onto biped character rigs
• Motion Builder (preferred) or similar 3D animation software experience
• Experience with tracking motion capture body data: Shogun and/or Cortex (preferred)
• Experience with 2D tracking software
• Experience working with distributed develpement partners
• Data wrangling to and from animation teams
• Provide animation feedback, and communicate best practice with intention for animation refinement
• Conduct and complete character rig reviews for the purpose of refining it for motion capture retargeting
• Learn proprietary art pipelines, emerging technology, and processes
• Support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions
• Work closely w/ motion capture and animation leads during the production prep / acquisition / post production phases with maintaining visual targets
• Contribute to documenting workflow and pipelines
• Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, assist with improving motion capture process and data output
Although not required, strong candidates possess
• Minimum 3 years’ motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with Motion Builder or similar 3D animation software experience
• Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
• Knowledge of and experience with Motion capture (preferred, but not required)
• Works well under the pressures of ‘live’ production environments
• On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
• Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are an absolute must
• Highly motivated and passionate about their craft
Community / Marketing Title: Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-25 22:05:26.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.