Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156257
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Title: Full Stack Engineer
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
Our team, The Employee Experience operations group is responsible for maintaining the application and data services as well as enterprise mobile applications that support all employees throughout EA.
Our goal is to maintain and provide reliable services of all employee experience tools & tech that help each and every EA employee do their job and contribute to the goal of EA making the world’s greatest games.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for working with the team’s architects to implement automations for enterprise users. On the services side, NodeJS micro services (REST) and cloud orchestration services. The services and applications need to scale to performantly serve many thousands of users globally.
You will be responsible for writing the technical specifications, coding the services and applications in a secure and efficient manner, ensure highly performant and defect-free code through the development of unit and integration tests, leverage the use of continuous integration systems. You should be familiar with working in an Agile/Scrum model in a modern DevOps organization.
Our team loves to experiment with leading edge technology, dive deep into code and work as part of a team of programming experts who define and solve big problems and build powerful automation tools. You must ensure stellar product quality, and provide technical guidance to Product & Program Managers as they communicate user needs and product requirements. This role is for an engineer who loves the challenge of building distributed, high availability, and resilient systems. You should have excellent design and coding skills in building APIs and have the technical depth in OS (Linux and macOS) and cloud programming models.
As an engineer you will be also involved in proof-of-concept for new technology, work with leads and architects to define technical specification standards, coding and security best practices.
You will be interacting with product managers, project managers, architects, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across the US and other geographies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with PMs, Architects and Security engineers to understand service and application needs, including build, deployment and management.
- Be able to develop highly available and reliable applications in the cloud.
- Implement monitoring, analytics and telemetry in code development.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with teams across various geographies, mainly US.
- Effectively communicate progress and issues with engineering and product/project managers.
- Create and document runbooks and KT articles as it pertains to software architecture, design, troubleshooting, and support
- Create design standards and processes for microservice, Serverless, and event drive software development
- Create and design secure services according to EA and industry wide standards
- Ability to accurately estimate development efforts and coordinate with the project management teams to plan, escalate, and mitigate project risk
- Ability to self-prioritize work and simultaneously manage multiple concurrent projects
- Experience developing with Node.JS / TypeScript and Python
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with source control solutions, branching, merging, and with code review
- Excellent general programming skills and knowledge or programming methodologies
- Experience developing REST API’s and services
- Experience developing and deploying services to AWS (GCP a plus)
- Experience developing solutions which leverage LDAP, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Experience architecting and developing with AWS Lambda, Serverless, Docker
- Experience creating, managing, and deploying services via CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of IT security principles
- Experience working with Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, and Postman
- Experience obtaining and understanding business requirements and translating these requirements into technical deliverables
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Experience overseeing contractors and the delivery of technical requirements
- Excellent ability to learn new skills and adapt to a new environment
- Experience developing Agile and Waterfall execution environment
- Desire to learn new skills and grow professionally
- Experience implementing and integrating with packaged applications (preferably Employee tools such as Slack, G Suite etc)
- Basic understanding of machine learning and AI concepts and solutions
- Experience working with OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, and SAML 2.0
- Understanding of Slack and basic hands on experience on slack bots
- Basic understanding of GCP, Okta.
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of development experience.
- Experience taking projects from initial spec/requirements through design and implementation, testing and debugging, documentation, and installation in an Agile environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack
- Self-starter with an eagerness to constantly learn and pass/share the knowledge along to the team.
- Strong sense of ownership/‘can do’ attitude and high attention to detail
- Experience working in a distributed global team
- Ability to dive into difficult problems and deliver results on time and on spec
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and problem solving
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-25 16:25:05.553
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.