Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156236
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Role: Client Engineer
• Roughly 70 to 85% hands on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
• Able to understand and work with 3rd party software APIs.
• Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
• Work independently with minimal supervision and communicate status.
• Proper use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
• Able to properly use and design REST based HTTP APIs.
• 3+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
• Strong knowledge with C++, ASM is a bonus.
• Json and XML, able to read/understand and write.
• Experience working with online services/severs (HTTP via REST)
• Strong knowledge of REST based APIs
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
• Experience with source control systems
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Solid ability to understand direction and execute on the work
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-20 03:46:03.657
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.