Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 156232
Position Title: Creative Director II [IC]
Motive Vancouver is seeking an experienced Creative Director to drive the creative vision of future products developed in our studio. You will lead, foster and mentor an experienced team of developers working in Vancouver on a beloved and revered IP, crafting the vision and leading the execution of a compelling, innovative and immersive experience. Your strong mix of creative and leadership experience in both console products, mobile titles and live service allows you to inspire the team, provide and communicate vision, drive innovation and create incredible experiences for our players. You should possess a deep understanding of the new trends driving player expectations and engagement and a strong understanding of Gen Z players
- Champion the overall creative direction on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through progressive creative design and leadership.
- Collaborate with leadership to define creative direction for our games.
- Evangelize and pitch game ideas to the Executive team and generate excitement and enthusiasm.
- Possess a deep understanding of new trends driving player expectations and behaviors, particularly Gen Z.
- Understand how user-generated content is shaping products in the market.
- Experience in designing a game with a long-term live service.
- Can drive early prototyping efforts towards innovation.
- Sensitivity to mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it.
- Ability to design games that are culturally relevant to the audience.
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to rally and generate visible wide-spread support for vision/direction.
- Oversee core design vision and implementation â€“ working directly with designers, producers, programmers and artists.
- Ensure Motive products communicate a clear experience and how to play.
- Proactively communicate progress and resolution of problems with the ability to set guidelines for peers and external support groups.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to peers and junior design staff, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
- Represent game in both internal and external communications. This includes delivering strong presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with key organizational stakeholders, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
- Be accountable for the quality targets as well as the results achieved.
- 10+ years industry experience working in the field of game design on AAA titles.
- 5+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise in tech, art, business, etc. are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills -- both written and verbal -- are absolutely critical. Must be able to evangelize the vision for the studio and its projects both within and across EA. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
- Welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Is highly organized, and is able to break down complex problems into consumable and actionable pieces for others.
- Able to conceptualize, create, and implement game concepts using various tools and technologies.
- Experience working with research departments to define tests and interpret data to effectively iterate on design.
- Experience of taking major AAA console and mobile games from concept to completion.
- Experience designing, launching, monitoring and evolving a live service title.
- Experience working with licensing partners is a plus.
- Experience developing games that support User Generated Content is a plus.
- A passion for games. Just as important, a drive to make a game with an impact at an industry level.
Please contact our recruiter, Rebecca Davis with interest or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: Creative Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-18 21:07:25.52
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA