Source Control Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156207
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work on Enterprise applications, with a focus on Source Control Management systems. You will have the chance to become a domain expert for key applications used in game development, including Perforce and GitLab. You will work with game teams such as FIFA, Madden, Battlefield and Battlefront, and central teams such as Frostbite and Origin. You have a focus on innovation and leverage a deep passion for technology.
- Be an expert as part of a product team to engineer high-volume, high transaction source control management applications, for use by game development teams across the entire global enterprise
- Participate in all aspects of a service end-to-end, including design, implementation, support, vendor relations and customer interaction
- Use expertise in multiple domains to provide technical leadership
- Collaborate with network, database, storage and system engineers to develop scalable solutions and solve complex problems
- Be an escalation point for support engineers, providing leadership and guidance
- You will drive improvement; may include design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
- Work with the game teams to ensure their needs are captured and requirements are met
- Manage the relationship with vendors, including sourcing, evaluation, and escalation
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness while collaborating and working with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and service owners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience deploying, configuring and supporting Enterprise applications
- 7+ years’ deep expertise with Linux administration and scripting
- 5+ years of experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS or Azure certifications
- 3+ years’ experience managing source control management systems such as Perforce, Git or Azure DevOps Server
- 3+ years’ experience with Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or MySQL
- 1+ years’ experience with using source control as a software developer
- Ability to conduct complex systems problem analysis and guide teams towards speedy resolution
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing automation solutions using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is an asset
- Experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes is an asset
- Application experience with JIRA is an asset
Community / Marketing Title: Source Control Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-05 22:03:44.41
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.