Quality Analyst II
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: 156193
Position Title: Quality Analyst II
QA Analyst II
As a QA Analyst, you look at a game as not only a player experience but as complex interactions between Software & Hardware (ex: I/O systems, wireless communications, client/server architecture, external services, and databases). This requires an analytical approach that seeks to understand system designs, defining and executing an effective test strategy that both ensure functionality and challenges the system. The quality analyst must use proven analytical techniques (iterative process consisting of characterizations, hypotheses, predictions and experimentation).
- Provide executable and descriptive feedback that can identify project gaps and highlight strengths
- Define potential risks and address concerns related to processes and development and QA teams
- Deal with bugs of concern or blocking
- Collaborate with test teams to ensure adequate coverage of their test domain
- Create test levels for gaming systems
- Offer suggestions for automated solutions for attribute testing
- Foster relationships between design and quality assurance teams to encourage collaboration between the two disciplines
- Participate in various meetings to learn about the progress of the team's tasks
- Draw lessons and share knowledge with the rest of the quality analyst team
- Quality Bugs – Well isolated, clear and concise bugs
- Test Strategies/Plans and Checklists for areas of ownership that ensure high level of software quality through preventions and early detection
- Status Reporting for their areas of ownership (Risk Analysis, RCA/CAPA, Defect Density, Performance)
- Experience writing and running test scripts using industry test management tools such as DevTest, TestRail, etc.
- Understanding Software Quality Assurance Concepts, Processes, and Troubleshooting Procedures
- Knowledge of the AAA game development cycle
- Knowledge of industry trends and consumer expectations and ability to provide executable and qualitative feedback on the subject
- Ability to identify additional opportunities for tool-assisted testing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong observation skills, analytical mind and attention to detail
- Proactivity in completing tasks and transferring issues to appropriate people
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Analyst II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-02 14:25:18.49
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Baton Rouge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baton Rouge, Louisiana US