Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156152
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Job Title: Software Engineer II
Organization: Mobile and Maxis Quality Verification
Company: Electronic Arts (EA)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time.
Introduction on EA
We're EA - we've been making games for decades and have learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world's best games. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is an 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization focused on building the world’s best digital playground. As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims, Plants VS Zombies, Scrabble, and Bejeweled Blitz. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA’s portfolio of world-class brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts the company in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Critical to this growth is EA’s ability to maintain our massive engaged audience and to successfully migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution.
EA’s Quality Verification team is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join the mobile game quality engineering here at our studio in Hyderabad. Come and join us for an opportunity to help release fun, internationally recognized titles such as The SIMs and Command & Conquer Rivals! Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of game development at a world-class studio.
In this role, as a Software Engineer II, you will be responsible to build and enable automation test frameworks, hardware management platforms, and various tools & services to accelerate development and quality verification tasks. In this key role, you will work closely with other quality verification and game development teams and technology partners. You also will be writing tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games.
Join a team where you make a direct impact on our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will be doing:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in unit testing frameworks, preferably JUnit, TestNG, Grinder (Jython)
- Preferably having experience in building mock Frameworks.
- Experience in C# and/or mobile platform development is a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving and innovation skills
- Experience with version control and build systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Maintain tools, integration, and technologies to support highly reliable environment.
- Develop automated reports to analyze data from the testing process.
- Understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Report status against assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and escalate issues
- Continuous, front-line communication with all customers on goals and strategy
- Set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
- Game industry experience not required but a plus
- Software Testing Experience
- Experience with any Mobile Automation Testing tool
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-12 15:56:18.793
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.