Senior Employee Relations Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156150
Position Title: Sr Manager, HR Business Partnership
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods, products, and online services delivered through internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets, and social networks. EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed, Battlefield, and Mass Effect.
EA is looking for a highly motivated employee relations professional to join its dynamic People Experience (PE) team, leading the People Relations function. Our objective is very simple – engage our people to create a high-performing culture where all employees will grow and do the best work of their careers.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable with change and the ambiguity that sometimes comes with it. You need to be enthusiastic, flexible in your approach and open to learning.
Key Focus Areas
- Partner with PE, Legal and business leaders to design, develop and implement an employee relations center of excellence and employee relations strategy that is designed to maintain a healthy and effective work environment
- Scale the function globally and identify ways to anticipate conditions that drive employee concern and/or discontent
- Ensure employee relations programs and policies are in line with EA’s Code of Conduct, Respectful Workplace Policy, and EA’s Purpose and Values
- Act as a key advisor and subject matter expert to the business and PE leaders on employee policies, programs, practices and employment law principles related to investigations
- Partner closely with Legal to develop, update and make global all employee relations policies, practices and procedures
- Develop and implement standardized processes for conducting investigations and tracking and documenting employee relations claims and cases
- Use sound judgement, discretion and creative problem-solving approach to conduct investigations and ensure the timely resolution of complex employee relations issues
- Provide counseling, advice and guidance to PE partners in dealing with standard employee relations issues
- Review and analyze case data (employee survey, workforce analytics, etc.) to identify trends, potential risk areas and opportunities for improving management capability and EA policies/practices.
- Further enable the integration of the function into EA’s core management initiatives to build organizational capability to improve our ability to handle and address employee concerns
- Develop a global perspective on how EA manages various workforce models and employer-employee relationships (full-time, part-time, contingent, represented and non-represented, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master's, MBA or JD a plus.
- Ideally 10 or more years’ HR experience in a progressive environment with a proven track record of successfully conducting investigations and managing employee relations issues
- Labor relations experience with represented workforces and labor law
- Proven experience scaling and implementing large scale programs and/or initiatives
- Independent thinker that can provide strategic thought leadership via data and analytics
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong consulting skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with, influence and coach leaders across all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Extensive negotiation, counseling and conflict management experience
- Experience designing successful training programs
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws
- Able to work cross-functionally and globally in a matrixed organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Employee Relations Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-10 23:23:01.557
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.