Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156110
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Role: Application Engineer – 2 (Sr Web and Hybrid Mobile Developer)
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
As a Sr Web and Mobile Developer, you will be responsible for developing high quality Web and Hybrid Mobile Applications. You will be leveraging latest technologies and UI frameworks to solve complex problems of modern applications. You would also be working with Scrum masters and Product owners to define, plan and deliver the software.
- Develop and build, sleek and fast loading modern web applications Using Angular/React and Node
- Develop and build high responsive Hybrid Mobile Apps using React Native or Similar frameworks
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and software engineers to refine and improve the user experience.
- Work closely with a team of engineers in an agile development environment to create full, working, enterprise-scale Web and Mobile application prototypes
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
The next great EA UI developer also needs:
- 7+ years of overall demonstrable experience building world-class public facing web applications and Hybrid Mobile Apps
- Excellent Java script, Typescript/ES6 knowledge – Design patterns, call backs and closures etc.
- Web Application Development requirements (mandatory):
- 4-6 years of full stack web development experience
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser and cross device compatibility.
- Experience working on Single Page Applications.
- Solid understanding of backend development using Node.js
- Hybrid Mobile Apps development requirements (mandatory):
- 1-3 years of Hybrid Mobile Apps Development using React Native/ Apache Cordova/Phone Gap
- AWS knowledge – ( EC2, S3, Lambda etc.)
- PHP – Symfony framework
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-15 10:42:39.94
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.