FIFA Sr Marcom Activation Manager, North America
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156077
Position Title: Senior Manager Marcom
FIFA Sr Marcom Activation Manager, North America
Senior Marcom Activation Manager – North America leads the development, execution and measurement of the integrated omni-channel, consumer-facing FIFA marketing activations in the region, with a focus on building player relationships and delivering on commercial goals regionally and worldwide. The role drives development of culturally relevant localized programs and extension of existing EA’s global activations in the region.
- Direct the regional, consumer-facing marketing: Lead the team of Marcom Marketing Managers responsible for driving consumer-facing marketing activations for FIFA across region’s channels
- Drive locally nuanced, coherent, consistent, compelling player journeys in line with FIFA Story: integrated across owned, earned and partner channels, to drive player acquisition and compelling engagement that is globally cohesive and locally nuanced and delivers on commercial goals
- North America marketing expert: Surfaces strong country insights to Director, Marcom Activation in line with planning timelines to inform FIFA Marcom Strategy and global campaign.
- Drive Creation of the Marketing Activation Roadmap: Accountable for regional teams’ creation of FIFA integrated marketing activation plan inclusive of multiple channels – both owned and partner – and aligned to business objectives and strategies.
- Inspire a cross-functional team of marketers: Inspire an unassailable sense of shared purpose across functional teams and equip, empower and enable solution-oriented creative progress.
- Problem-solve: Collaborate with partner teams within and outside of Marcom to alleviate obstacles to timely, quality player-facing executions
- Set the parameters for activation success: Apply player, market and product insights, along with business objectives and strategies, to define marketing activation approach, tactics and KPIs for the region.
- Oversee cross-functional and partner collaboration: work with cross functional team leaders to ensure alignment to the regional campaign objectives
- Connect marketing activation with product and business deliverables: Equip teams with reasons to believe and align campaign execution with development and business goals.
- Drive activation efficacy: Establish and validate hypotheses relative to KPIs and insights to inform optimized execution.
- Manage regional marketing budget: Allocate and manage deployment of annual FIFA region marketing budget, optimizing investments throughout the year according to campaign and channel performance.
- Signature Initiatives: breakthrough programs applicable to all channels and markets
- Seamless Player Journeys: Understand and leverage channel and player insights to create cohesive player journey plans and ensure flawless execution across the channels.
- Manage the Budget Control Document: Establish fiscal year budget allocations for FIFA regional marketing budget. Update budget documents for quarterly estimates. Drive monthly budget review meetings with stakeholders.
- Foster Team Development: Ensure your direct reports’ efforts work to further the established Marcom team goals. Invest in individual development of team members, including providing guidance and support of annual goals as well as long-term development plans. Engage in regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports and provide feedback in quarterly conversations with a focus on performance and career development.
- Drive Rhythm of Business: Ensure cohesive communication and collaboration among the FIFA North America Marketing Activation team and with key stakeholders. Establish communication touchpoints on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure visibility and proactive communication of FIFA Activation plans and performance.
- Establish the KPI Scorecard for the campaign: Work with Insights & Analytics, Global Publishing and Channel Marketing teams to quantify and qualify regional success metrics.
- Build the Campaign Retrospective: Establish hypotheses and work with the Channel teams to validate or invalidate, develop insights and inform future optimization and briefs.
- Accountability: Prepare a road map for activation success, ensure all are clear, and take action to keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Adaptability: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context. Actively seek to become comfortable in new environments or roles.
- Collaborative Leadership: Share expertise and resource to help others. Include all who can contribute to a successful outcome. Stay engaged even when not in full agreement.
- Communication: Craft multi-channel marketing considerations into a coherent whole. Express clear, inspirational player journeys. Share ideas with stakeholders and cross-functional teams and listen openly.
- Innovation: Create solutions to challenges and positively question current thinking. Leverage logic and rationale to influence. Recognize and build on the ideas of others.
- Decision-making: Establish criteria. Seek relevant information to aid understanding. Identify correlation. Determine causation. Arbitrate with balanced, compelling resolutions.
- Seasoned marketer with multiple years of experience leading global marketing teams
- Excels at working in a matrixed team environment characterized by interdependency
- Ability to galvanize and influence teams and stakeholders across disciplines, at all levels
- Ability to effectively engage and liaise with executive teams
- Ability to create successful marketing campaign outcomes based on business goals and strategies
- Flexible and dynamic with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Understanding of evolving consumer engagement and channel opportunities
- Experience managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for and deep knowledge of football and the FIFA game
- Practical knowledge of sports industry including trends and established processes
- Experience in videogames or similar dynamic sports/entertainment environments
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA Sr Marcom Activation Manager, North America
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-08 12:35:09.237
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.