Developer Relations Manager
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 156052
Position Title: Sr. Technical Product Manager 1
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Developer Relations role is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact between game development teams and the EA digital platform (EADP) team. This involves helping the game development teams understand the technical capabilities of the centrally developed platforms, as well as helping the digital platform groups understand the needs, schedules, issues, and strategic objectives of the game teams. As the game development teams integrate the EA digital platforms, this role is also responsible for managing those relationships to ensure long term success of EA.
- Work with online engineers, live producers, and designers on individual titles to understand their game design and resulting tech needs
- Map game needs to EADP products and escalate gaps/feature requests to the Strategic Planning team
- Be knowledgeable about all EADP products to the point where you can:
- Understand core concepts in order to use the product
- Represent all EADP products to game studios including:
- Core concepts around the platform offerings
- Onboarding flow
- Support and engagement models and POCs
- Teach other Dev Rel about an EADP product
- Demo the product (if applicable)
- Be a trusted Point of Contact for game teams in all EADP-related matters
- Guide game teams through EADP product onboarding flows
- Provide initial support when customers don’t know what the next steps are and route as needed
- Manage the overall support status for the account: monitor age and severity of open issues, follow up on overdue responses
- Capture and share across Dev Rel/accounts to maintain a list of top issues and advocate for solutions
- Review and assess the onboarding flow (which includes: documentation, onboarding process, and SLAs) of new/updated EADP products before they are released to customers
- Maintaining key account information per title (i.e. key contacts, game SKUs/platforms, milestone dates, usage projections, committed tech adoptions)
- Maintain game project status as it related to EADP (i.e. Orbit, Gate reviews, WSR)
- Represent EADP in game-related meetings (i.e. Launch Readiness, Gate Reviews)
The ideal candidate would bring experience in software development coupled with business/product management, preferably working with enterprise platforms. Alternatively, a candidate would have experience working in online platforms with a strong combination of project management and systems integration. Game development experience or a passion for gaming is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience working in technical product management, project management, or software development and/or deployment.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, documentation skills
- Comfortable communicating across the spectrum; from executives to engineers
- Flexible and agile – ability to multi-task, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Smart, tenacious, persistent, detail-oriented & energetic
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field is desirable
Community / Marketing Title: Developer Relations Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-07 21:34:22.167
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US