Senior Manager, Launch Readiness
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156051
Position Title: DD II
Sr. Manager, Launch Readiness
We are looking for a strong operational leader to lead the Launch Readiness function on the Origin team. This person will be responsible for partnering across our organization to define workflows and processes that will create great launch experiences for hundreds of millions of players who use Origin.com, our Franchise Websites and our Subscription Services.
The ideal candidate will have experience navigating complex relationships with internal and external partners to drive results. As Sr. Manager, Launch Readiness, you will organize and manage all the activities and work streams required to support major events, title launches and application releases. You will be joining forces with a cross-functional team to ensure a flawless launch of EA’s Player Network.
The Sr Manager, Launch Readiness will need to quickly learn EAX’s business and partner with existing delivery managers to ensure flawless launches.
By working closely with other subject matter experts within EA, you will ensure the launch readiness process evolves to match the needs of new and existing launches and business processes.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an excellent communicator with superior project management skills. Similarly, you will have experience in delivering technically complex, large scale web applications and software. While you will not necessarily have development experience, you will be comfortable navigating the architecture of modern web applications and have a thorough understanding of what goes into launching applications. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, a pro-active thinker, able to multitask, and communicate clearly.
- Working with the various EAX teams and Studio Teams to jointly identify deliverables required to launch a new product or release, identifying dates for each deliverable, overseeing the creation of timelines and delivery.
- Provides progress reporting to project’s key stakeholders and EAX leadership, reviewing delivery roadmap, current blocking issues and overall product status
- Guides teams through quick triage and resolution of blocking issues for Launch
- Ensures launch owners conduct post-mortems through a structured format, and that lessons learned are shared and mistakes are not repeated.
- Sets EAX Launch readiness policies and train the whole team for both our current products and future product line
- Ensures flawless global launch execution
- Identifies and manages launch risks and issues, including establishing effective mitigation strategies and contingency planning
- Establishes, develops, and maintains excellent working relationships with a large group of cross-functional teammates to facilitate proactive planning, smooth communication, and issue resolution.
- Motivates and inspires cross functional teams.
- Manages Timelines/Schedules for all launch partners
- Solves problems (not just escalates them)
- Document, communicate and administer key processes
- Run peer and higher level project and launch teams as needed, facilitating effective meetings and drive key decisions with stakeholders in order to ensure a solid delivery plan
- Navigate complex external partner relationships to deliver results
- 8+ years experience working with a live service and live service development
- Demonstrated ability to work in and thrive in a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with development teams and experience in delivering complex, large scale software projects.
- Demonstrated experience working within an Agile project management framework, ideally with Scrummaster or Product Owner experience.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Sound judgment and thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions
- Simplifier, but at the same time thinks big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed
- Strong team player, behaves like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards
- Demonstrated ability of building mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of management
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and partner/influence across complex organizations
- Strong technical skills
- Experience working with a ticketing/issue/incident management systems such as Jira or DevTrack.
- Ability to document and improve process flows, issue tree/use cases by using Visio or other software.
- Experience with digital distribution systems, digital rights management, and digital entitlements.
We believe that you will combine proven leadership skills with experience shipping web scale applications. Additionally you will demonstrate Project Management experience; strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills; effective communication skills across all levels of an organization; and the proven ability to motivate and inspire a team.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Launch Readiness
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-03 16:04:41.67
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.