Director, Program Management -HR
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156045
Position Title: Director, Workforce Planning & Analytics
Role Description: Director, Program Management
We are EA
As one of the world’s largest video game developers and publishers, we have many well known titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Challenge Ahead:
People Practices has been created to bring new focus on operating EA’s people programs efficiently while providing simple & awesome experiences for our employees and people managers.
The Program Management (PMO) team’s goal is enablement of this vision by bringing structure and a new way of operating as a People Experience (PE) function. The team will support processes, tools, best practices to ensure our global programs, practices & services are executed efficiently. The team will also drive process improvement projects, while documenting playbooks and maintaining alignment with COE and BP/PP partners.
The Director, Program Management is a high impact, visible role role within the People Experience function that will be a catalyst to transforming how the function operates. Reporting into the Head of Program Management, he/she will serve as a connection point between teams, including People Operations, COEs, regional People Practices Partners and Business Partners.
This role will work on projects to create capacity and efficiency within the organization and build new ways of operating in the BP/PP model. This includes providing subject matter expertise on functional HR areas such as talent planning, compensation planning and Talent Strategy/Workforce Planning.
The role will also support establishing and governing a set of central transformation initiatives which are critical to our function. He/She will also support tools, processes, programs and forums enabling execution of global programs and practices, enabling a better employee experience. This role manages stakeholders and partnerships internally across PE, Corporate Areas and business groups and externally (e.g. best practice organizations, consultants, vendors) to ensure cohesive, timely, relevant and effective projects are implemented in alignment with EA and PE specific objectives and priorities
What the Director, Program Management does at EA:
- Manages the day-to-day management of the initiative/program portfolio. Defines the establishment, management and control of PE projects, programs and practices. Implements and consolidates best practices within the organization. Standardizes the process across all departments and services. Provides consistent project management guidance, methods, systems, tools and metrics for consistent project delivery.
- May lead a small team of project managers who oversee specific projects in the PMO’s remit, harmonizing efforts across how projects run. Grooms high performance talent for the future of the PE function.
- Liaises with senior Business Partners and People Practices Partners to understand the business and talent strategy for aligned business units and translate strategic initiatives into operational workforce plans. The workforce plans will be mobilized through People Experience COEs or regional People Partner teams
- Partners with senior Business Partners, COEs and Regional Practices teams to ensure that strategic priorities and global program requirements are defined, move forward as planned, and work is completed on time to an exceptional quality standard
- Create and build a portfolio that encompasses all the programs and initiatives under the team’s oversight. Develop the infrastructure to govern this portfolio. Create a process to intake new work into the portfolio and facilitate prioritization, strategic alignment, resourcing and decision making.
- Develops and implements program and change management initiatives, including internal communication campaigns for our People Practices team – developing processes and tools to inform and engage the PE global team.
- Brings best practices in process redesign. Leads complex, cross-functional process redesign initiatives, bringing best practices and approaches to process improvement, scaling across an organization, sharing out best practices and learning/delivery
- Brings best practices in project management. Establishes and champions best practices in project management across PE, liaising with other program management functions within the EA ecosystem.
The next great Director, Program Management at EA also needs to have:
- Minimum experience: Bachelor Degree in a relevant field plus 12+ years of progressive success within Human Resources as an HR Business Partner, or HR COE Program Manager. Masters degree preferred
- Preferred experience: Human Capital and/or strategy and operations management consulting experience in a client - facing capacity
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking capabilities. Partners with senior leaders at the right altitude, providing advisory and program delivery support
- Strong functional knowledge of HR, including Total Rewards, L&D, Recruiting and HR Business Partnership
- Technical project management tool expertise, including smartsheets or similar
- Superior program management skills. Can disambiguate complex programs and structure work into a project plan with concrete steps and deliverables
- Excellent at building and managing through relationships across the organization - with peers, upwards, and with center of expertise partners
- Excellent change management skills. Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments
- Demonstrated live presentation, facilitation and communication skills, can adjust and level set with a wide variety of skills, levels, seniority in HR
- Sensitivity to local culture / language norms and ability to modify communications (written/verbal) to engage a global audience
- Fluent with G-suite, Slack, virtual technologies (i.e. zoom) for facilitation
- Must have a sense of humor and a drive to win!
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Program Management -HR
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-03 23:24:20.447
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.