Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 156029
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The C++ Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process.
Involved in architectural design and implementation of game features on multiple platforms, you will work with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for worldwide audiences.
What you will do as C++ software engineer:
- Develop new features, engine components and tools.
- Create reusable and scalable software modules.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintains, implements, tests and debugs code, pipelines and other game-related sub-components and packages
- Profiles and optimizes modules of the game.
- You will report to the game area's manager and work with your peers on game features.
We’re looking for:
- C++ proficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Passionate by building games and interest or knowledge in at least one related domain: AI, game-play, physics, rendering, game tools, low-level engineering, online & connectivity.
- Knowledge of software design principles, object-oriented programming concepts and common design patterns.
- Good grasp on algorithms and data structures.
- Familiar with multiple debugging techniques.
- Proficiency with code revision control workflow and tools.
- Proficiency with performance profiling tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
What’s in it for you?
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-11 11:46:09.19
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.