Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 156027
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms.
They are working with designers, artists and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
What you will do as a rendering engineer
- Develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- Research and implement rendering techniques.
- Create reusable & flexible rendering technologies.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintains, implements, tests and debugs code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- Profiles and optimizes rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up-to-date with latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- You will report to the engineering team's manager and work closely with your peers on rendering specific tasks.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years experience with C++ development.
- Experience developing graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- 1+ years of experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Test and debug other engineer's code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience shipping at least one title on PS4,PS3, XboxOne or Xbox360 is a plus.
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming.
- Expertise in several of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Working knowledge of DX11 is a significant plus.
What’s in it for you?
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation & benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join a winning team?
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games- how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. We know that scoring a big win comes from passion for the game. That is why we employ motivated individual, with a desire for excellence.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-05 13:11:55.767
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.