FIFA Brand Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 156024
Position Title: Brand Manager II
We are EA SPORTS FIFA:
The EA SPORTS FIFA franchise is one of the biggest and most iconic entertainment properties on the planet. We entertain millions of football fans across the globe with the most authentic and immersive sports experience on the planet, and the journey is only just beginning.
We are one of the most innovative, passionate and collaborative teams in the industry; we bring in the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over. If you love football, video games, entertainment, and have a keen interest in business strategy, this is a role of a lifetime.
Global Brand Management (GBM)
Join us as a Global Brand Manager within the EA SPORTS FIFA team. The GBM team partners with the development team to:
- drive the development of player-first brand and business strategy, which informs the long-term product roadmap.
- build annual product experiences, grounded in consumer insights, which keep players engaged with FIFA all year long.
- establish data informed business objectives that are used, in partnership with key cross-functional groups (commercial, marketing communications and analytics), to hit key short and long-term player and business performance targets for the biggest game in the industry.
GBM is the one team at EA who oversees “the entire pitch” from product inception to go to market activity. Our measure of success is to continually build a history of positive brand equity with our players which keeps them excited to play the current game and the games to come.
Along with having strong interests in football, games and business, you will have a solid foundation of strategic and analytical capabilities, as well as proficiency in working closely with a variety of partner teams.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with development to establish design objectives and priorities for key modes like Gameplay, Career, Kick-Off and Pro Clubs pre-launch along with how those features will be supported post-launch.
- Consult with development to bring new modes to market and to determine how those experiences are delivered as a year round live-service to players.
- Be the liaison and brand steward for any in-game marketing support, with both internal and external partners, for the game.
- Work with analytics to report business results and to identify opportunities to improve the player experience.
- Drive feature naming and product descriptions with the Marketing Communications group.
- Co-own the day-to-day GBM relationship with international marketing and other executional teams.
- Heavily support the development of key GBM milestone deliverables (long range roadmap, brand bible, business brief, player needs analysis) and presentations.
- Own and/or support relationships with key external partners to drive meaningful marketing plans and in-game executions.
- Be a specialist about EA's and competitions products within the product category.
You will report to the Sr. Brand Manager and will be an important contributor to the GBM team based out of Vancouver, Canada.
Skills / Core Competencies:
- Must have a strong interest in football (soccer) and EA SPORTS FIFA.
- Demonstrate capabilities in devising and executing data driven/informed brand and business strategies, in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, that retain and engage players.
- Proven success influencing a product development team to make data informed decisions that satisfy prioritized consumer motivations.
- Proficiency in understanding and managing multiple licensor considerations when evaluating programs and assets.
- Ability to evaluate creative assets, programs and partnerships through a clearly defined brand lens.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English is the required language of work.
- Ability to be solution oriented and resourceful while being able to work autonomously.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Minimum 3+ years product marketing experience in consumer-focused categories.
- Experience in marketing to various consumer demographics, particularly with football fans, is valued. Preference for working in a large football market.
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly changing environment while influencing multiple personality types
- Marketing/Business degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA Brand Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-03 15:26:37.047
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA