Sr QA Tester
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 155997
Position Title: Sr Quality Analyst
Title: Sr Quality Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Test expert for POPCAP studio in Shanghai. In this role you will have solid experience of driving qualities with in-depth understanding of software design, implementation and integration and you will identify quality issues and bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. Also this requires strong test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality.
- Work with QA, Designer, Developer and Publisher to identify areas of improvement through feature understanding and analyzing, tools, reports and analysis
- Partner with development team to execute a game quality plan for assigned area throughout the game development cycle to ensure to meet highest quality
- Analyze and triage bugs to accelerate “Bug Flow” between internal and external (including oversea) stakeholders
- Research of defects to provide detailed insight to all stakeholders
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by utilizing solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
- Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
- Written and verbal communication of defect information and tracking
- Analyze and report potential risks to features and systems and escalate as appropriate
- Collaborate daily with members of Production, Development and Publisher.
- Able to recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of team processes
- Be the voice of quality for the project
- 3+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a success-based attitude
- Knowledge of technical writing concepts and experience an asset.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
- Analytical and results-oriented; able to communicate ideas in the form of comprehensive reports, analysis and presentations
- Ability to understand QAs involvement throughout the development cycle and drive actively
- Proactive communication skills
- fluency in English is preferred, but proficiency in read/write is enough
- Ability to identify risks and escalate to applicable stakeholders
- Understanding of software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA (preferred)
Community / Marketing Title: Sr QA Tester
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-31 01:52:37.997
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.