Director, Marketing Intelligence
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155972
Position Title: Director Marketing
Director, Marketing Intelligence
EA is growing its Marketing Intelligence team and is looking for an experienced integrated planning leader to help us grow our Intelligence capabilities to be one of the best and most integrated in the business. This role is a crucial part of aligning many disparate stakeholders around the key truths of our brands and marketing activations – keeping us on track to show up as one unified brand to our players, across all channels.
The Director, Marketing Intelligence Strategy provides the key fundamental insights around who our audience is, where they engage, what matters to them, and how that shapes how we market our games to them. If you have a passion for understanding how human behavior and brands intersect, then this is the role for you. The Director, Marketing Intelligence Strategy will be a close and crucial partner to our media, influencer, creative and content teams as well as a relationship builder who is able to work closely with our analytics, brand management and studio teams as well.
We are seeking someone with the right mix of leadership, experience, and curiosity around audience insights and behavior, creative and content strategy, and marketing channel strategy. This person should thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, environment and be a determined self-starter with good teamwork and collaboration skills.
As a Marketing Intelligence Strategy Director you will be responsible for working across a wide range of EA titles. You will work closely with our Marketing Analytics, Consumer Insights, Social Listening, Studio, Marketing Activation, Marketing Strategy and Global Brand Management teams to help uncover audience insights and socialize content, creative, and channel best practices that elevate our player-facing marketing programs to a new level of effectiveness.
To succeed in this role, you will need a mix of expertise in marketing channels (media, influencers, events, PR, organic social, etc.), audience segmentation, insights and strategy along with an intuitive understanding of creative, content and messaging and how to bring all of these elements together for a successful campaign. Drawing on these skills you will ensure that we are focused on the motivations and needs of our players to help create compelling marketing experiences that break through and are meaningful.
You will work largely through influence as you partner with the above cross-functional global teams to empower them with the data, analysis, insights and best practices to create breakthrough work. You will need to be able to enlist and inspire partners across the organization and adjust your style, communication and perspectives as necessary to create deep and productive partnerships. You will also need to have experience developing talent in this area and managing people and projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Global audience strategy development – defining “who” we are trying to reach, “how” we plan on reaching them and “when” the right time is
- Content insights – working closely with creative and production teams to inform the development of the right content and creative assets for different audiences and platforms.
- Campaign measurement – able to provide clear and relevant performance insights to our stakeholders; as well as the ability to analyze data and draw meaningful conclusions from various inputs
- Product Expertise – able to identify the key elements of the product and brand that will matter most to players in order to develop compelling marketing campaigns
- Manage change – be a proponent of positive change and demonstrate the adaptability to deal with change and uncertainty in your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Manage relationships – maintain effective and collaborative relationships with a wide array of cross-functional partners listed above
- Communicate – capable of delivering persuasive and concise written/verbal communications to all levels of the organization, managing expectations of key business stakeholders and understanding the key elements that make marketing consistent and effective
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 6+ years of experience in strategic / communications planning
- 5+ years of content and channel strategy work
- Excellent pro-active, collaborative, communication skills (global/ cross-market preferred)
- Passion for solving intricate marketing challenges to support growth
- Knowledge and understanding of building brands through marketing communications
What’s in it for you?
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Marketing Intelligence
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-12 00:40:16.4
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.