Senior Marketing Analyst
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 155883
Position Title: Senior Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Marketing Analyst to join the Analytics team, focusing on Marketing Analytics. If you have a passion for data mining, data visualization, problem solving and statistical analysis combined with excellent business acumen and passion for games, then this might be just the right job for you.
About the function:
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Analytics, you will be supporting multiple teams across EA by measuring and optimizing customer acquisition costs, analyzing large sets of acquisition, engagement, and monetization data, conducting experiments and building predictive models. You will be working closely with the Media, CRM, Product Marketing, Finance teams, as well as Analytics team members in Redwood Shores, Vancouver, Geneva and Bucharest helping to drive data-driven decision making connecting the insights from analytics to other parts of the business.
The ideal Sr. Marketing Analyst is someone who is adept at both thinking strategically about difficult business problems and using cutting edge data analytics techniques. If you have a track record of translating complex quantitative data into actionable insights, managing projects on a day to day basis, have communication skills to engage and influence both technical and non-technical audience all while having a strong passion for games, this role was custom built for you.
What you will do:
- Build, maintain and evangelize cutting-edge player and marketing spend models, together with driving improvement in existing modelling methodologies, systems and processes
- Manage multiple internal and external projects involving complex data collection, analysis and application
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate ROI for marketing strategies, campaigns and other initiatives
- Develop and analyze experiments to increase acquisition, engagement, and monetization through alternative marketing channels and programs
- Influence business decisions and marketing strategies through fact-based data-driven insights and analysis; be a key agent of change for EA product strategy and marketing optimization
- Take the lead in finding new opportunities to explore data to improve the consumer experience, improve the acquisition strategy, drive incremental revenue and/or reduce costs
- Perform strategic analysis using all available sources of information (internal consumer data, consumer insights, research data, industry sources), to support the decision-making process and strategic direction
- Work closely with other EA Analytics teams to define segmentation groupings and life-time value metrics, and build propensity models that predict acquisition and other user behaviors
- Support driving decisions by Marketing teams by analyzing market data and trends
- Act as go-to expert for quantitative methodology, implementation and application
Skills and knowledge expected:
- Ability to see the main story and develop a compelling communication to executives
- Can influence experienced leaders to consider and act on recommendations
- Eager to dig into data and willing to do the work to compile and test the data
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
- A desire for continuous growth and eagerness to learn new methods and techniques
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Understanding of marketing channels, metrics and measurements a plus
- Passion for videogames is highly preferred
Background and Technical skills
- MBA/MS/PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences. BA/BS level considered for outstanding candidates
- 3+ years of relevant hands on analytical experience, preferably in gaming, technology, retail or consulting
- Prior business application of quantitative methodologies such as regression modelling, decision trees, cluster analysis, factor analysis etc.
- Accomplished in use of R or other statistical programing environments to create high performance predictive models.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Advanced SQL skills including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Familiarity with a data visualization software package such as Tableau a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Marketing Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-21 05:45:10.383
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.