Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 155877
Position Title: Sr Researcher
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles— Battlefield, Star Wars, Madden, and The Sims, to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for user researchers who have a passion for understanding and evaluating the mobile gaming experience. You are driven and excited to be part of a highly skilled and advanced team shaping the future of EA games. Apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and innovative gaming experiences. Plan and conduct strategic research to help increase the quality of EA’s mobile products, and work closely with talented design and production teams to integrate usability and user research into the development process.
- Plan and conduct user research activities for all of EA’s mobile products
- Gather and analyze actionable data from a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (interview, lab studies, heuristics, surveys, telemetry, etc.)
- Work closely with game teams to understand franchise goals and strategies
- Effectively communicate research results to game teams (verbal and written reports), provide recommendations and ongoing design consultation
- Develop long-term user research plans and schedules for EA’s mobile titles
- Identify research opportunities that will impact users understanding, product design and quality
- Apply and tailor methods for assessing user engagement, user behavior, meaningful social interactions, and consumption of entertainment products, particularly in the mobile space
- Generate new methodologies that will pertain to each product’s unique gameplay and sensibility
- Contribute to the development and refinement of departmental research processes
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers, etc.) to generate insights which deeply impact the trajectory of their product work
Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidates should have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in research design, fluent in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.) and be able to quickly and effectively analyze and present data to influence product design and implementation.
- Experience in information design, game development and design principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, persuasiveness, and the ability to make group presentations
- Statistical experience and data modeling desired, but not required
- Ability to travel as required
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: UX Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-20 21:33:35.783
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.