Software Engineer (Apex Legends)
Location: Chatsworth, California US
Requisition Number: 155805
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 2
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. We shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and recently shipped a free-to-play battle royale game in the Titanfall universe, Apex Legends. We are currently hiring for our Star Wars™, Apex Legends, and Super Secret VR game development teams. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
A brilliant chance for a talented and experienced software engineering professional to move into, and develop, within the fast-paced world of gaming.
If you are ready to make the difference, every day, with world class technology and development teams to deliver the products that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we have the role for you. The Central Development Services Engineering team is responsible to drive tools, innovation and development to ensure we deliver the leading entertainment products and eco systems that are expected from Respawn.
As a critical partner within game development and test teams, candidates need to both a strong team player as well as be self-driven, independent, able to conduct ROI analysis and to prioritize tasks based on them, achieve consensus with the various parties and work directly with our customers to drive satisfaction.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging, fun and creative environment.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- A strong understanding of SLDC process improvement – Continuous Integration.
- Experienced with designing and building tools in an iterative model.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Professional experience in the C# and C++ programming languages.
- Proficient in unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies.
- Experience with version control and build systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change in a diverse, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines.
- Experience with big data architectures, data transformation techniques and data analysis.
- Experience with machine learning.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Develop, maintain and own automation, tools and services.
- Write and maintain scalable, testable, versioned, and documented code.
- Perform code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members.
- Operate in a continuous learning environment to drive innovation in technology.
- Monitor tools/service usage and assess return on investment.
- Own all aspects of a tool or service, working with customers and technical leads to achieve the company’s strategic goal.
- Understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Report regular status against assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and escalate any issues or improvement opportunities.
- Continuous, front-line communication with all customers.
- Set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
- Contribute to the company’s engineering strategies and initiatives.
- Where applicable, integrate systems and tools into partner or production game code in a controlled, professional manner.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a key player in Respawn’s approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in a fast paced and fun software engineering environment.
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-22 18:10:32.017
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US