Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155774
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
Capital Games in Sacramento is looking for our next Server Engineer.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will design, build, deploy, and run highly scalable and stable server architectures for connected functionality in our newest mobile game. The engineer will work as part of a game team to create and refine game server frameworks as well as contribute to the design and implementation of launch and post-launch strategies.
As a Server Software Engineer for a mobile game at EA, you will:
- Design, develop, and run a fast, massively scalable, highly available game service all the way from conception to delivery to live service operations
- Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to achieve gameplay goals and objectives that are supported by the service
- Provide solutions that address network latency, reliability, and scalability issues
- Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
- Be held to high-quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
- Create and run automated testing, readiness testing, and deployment plans
- Monitor the performance and costs of the server infrastructure to drive continuous improvement
- 4+ years development of scalable back-end services
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Java Server Development and Object Oriented Design
- Deep experience with Cloud services like Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine
- Experience with Database Design and caching and usage of large datasets in both relational (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Couchbase, DynamoDB) environments
- Experience with Aspect Oriented Programming and familiarity with frameworks such as Guice/Spring
- Deep understanding of different networking technologies, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, REST)
- Experience developing online connectivity for iOS and/or Android games
- Working knowledge of mobile live service operation on a large scale
“Tell me about Sacramento.”
Sacramento hosts an approachable metropolitan lifestyle, where home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer’s markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Server Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-20 21:22:13.537
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.