Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 155773
Position Title: Senior Program Manager I
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
Core Engine - Objects, Scene & Networking
The Core Engine - Objects, Scene & Networking team is responsible for fundamental workflows and technology powering the interactive worlds of many AAA game titles. Thousands of content creators use the tools every day to build levels, compose objects from reusable pieces, define behavior and set up client/server distributed game simulation. The fundamental technology provided by this team is also powering workflows for most other domains such as Art, Animation, Audio, Rendering. The runtime aspects are just as important as they need to power the large scale gameplay of modern games.
We are now looking for a Product Manager - Objects, Scene & Networking to join the Frostbite team!
As a Product Manager - Objects, Scene & Networking, you will
- Define the product vision and roadmap for the Objects, Scene & Networking area
- Work with customers to understand their workflows and requirements and represent them towards the Physics & AI team
- Perform competitive analysis
- Build and maintain a ranked backlog of customer requirements, steps towards the team’s own vision and architectural enablers
- Build and maintain relationships with content creator communities, game team stakeholders and external partners along with promoting the Frostbite product
- Become a member of the Frostbite product management team and help establish and partially own overall Frostbite vision and road-maps
- Deeply engage with the Frostbite Objects, Scene & Networking development team to provide direction and motivation as well as becoming a champion for their ideas
- Be responsible (dotted line) for the performance of several Agile Product Owners
- Work with Program Managers, Technical Directors, and Team Directors to ensure timely and sustainable delivery of a product that meets business and quality goals
Skills and Experience
- Experience with identifying fundamental technology requirements for broad production teams while maintaining team satisfaction
- Skilled in understanding user experience and how to deliver user value
- Strong communication - written and verbal - skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects to get things done
- Strong business sense
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Good business sense – ability to manage to get things done
- Culture of continuous learning; the ability and hunger to take on new challenges
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
Bonus Points If You
- Experience with delivering gameplay and game design through hands-on work and through directing teams of content creators
- Experience as a Technical Director or Technical Art Director at a game studio
- Have shipped several AAA games
- Experience as a Product Manager
- Experience in Scrum and SAFe
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, wellness benefits like a massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We thought you might also want to know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-29 08:02:27.46
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.