Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 155765
Position Title: Systems Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
EA Sports DevOps Engineer
The Systems Engineer team is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, with high energy, dedication, and passion for technology.
The successful candidate will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and execute projects and deliver excellent results. He or she should have demonstrated ability to work effectively with large-scale systems and possess proven ability to multi-task and prioritize. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail, with strong focus on uptime and predictability. The successful candidate should be passionate building automation to reduce manual tasks. This role will also involve some on-call support duties.
- Directly supports game server environments, from development to production.
- Performs OS configuration, troubleshoots application, network, and server-level problems.
- Designs and develops extensive scripting and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
- Maintains documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support
- Supports feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations
- Evaluates and adopts technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities
- Works with a global team to implement best of breed technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
- Partners with Development, QA and other partner teams to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (CentOS/RedHat), including implementation, administration, and support of critical systems
- Hands-on experience working with network protocols and technologies (LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches & Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs, etc)
- Knowledge of OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers
- Experience in working with automation systems such as Jenkins and distributed source control solutions such as GIT
- Knowledge in a common scripting language (Perl, Shell, Python, PHP)
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills aligned with enthusiasm, aptitude, attitude and motivation to learn
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, to partner with people and to reach common goals.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Cloud based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack, etc)
- Knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational data bases and related applications
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
At EA Romania, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-23 08:15:45.183
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.