Applications Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 155731
Position Title: Applications Engineer II
Job Title: Applications Engineer -II
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
As Applications Engineer-1, you will work as a full stack developer responsible for developing Web applications and APIs by understanding standards and best practices. You will be leveraging the latest UI and Backend technologies to solve complex problems of modern applications. You would also be working with Scrum masters and Product owners to define, plan and deliver the software.
- Work as a full stack developer to build, sleek and fast loading modern web application applications.
- Develop high-volume, low-latency backend APIs using Java and Spring boot
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem-solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, and architects
- Work with stakeholders to software requirements, and ensure application UI meets functional requirements
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
The next great EA Software engineer -1 also needs:
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web applications as full stack developer.
- Solid knowledge in Core Java and Restful services
- Core Java certification is preferred
- Good experience ins writing unit tests for Java applications using JUnit/Spock
- Experience working with frontend unit test case frameworks like Jasmine.
- Logical team-player, with excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects under a tight schedule
- Continuous and fast learner willing to learn and help wherever the help is required to complete the job.
- Sense of humor
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-14 05:57:29.307
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN