Media Planning Manager - APAC
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition Number: 155717
Position Title: Sr Media Buyer II
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA Sydney, we are proud to be working with some of the biggest and most innovative video game franchises and development studios in the world. We help to bring our games to our players via our talented Marketing & Communications, Sales, and Finance teams.
We are a vibrant group of people who love what we do and are passionate about inspiring the world to play. Headquartered in the centre of the city, in a beautifully maintained, heritage-listed boutique building, our office space is designed to encourage teamwork, imagination and creativity. We challenge you to experiment, lead and make an impact on your very first day and every day after.
The APAC Media Planning Manager, partnering with regional media agency, will orchestrate, in support of the regional media lead, the planning and management of cross-channel media campaigns across multiple brands and countries with clear focus on taking EA’s story to the world and delivering growth of our brands.
- Partner with Agency to Develop Local Media Plans: Manage the development player centric cross-channel media plans in partnership with the media agency and Global Activation Team to promote EA games
- Provide Local Media Expertise for the Region: Drive understanding within the organisation of local media nuances and consumption behavior to help inform go-to-market approaches
- Manage Monthly Media Statement: Partner with media agency to ensure accurate validation of monthly media statement
- Responsible for Maintaining Updated Plan Summaries: Maintain up-to-date records of media mixes and tactical summaries
- Foster Relationships with Global and Local Media Vendors: Participate in channel and platform partner relationships to deliver opportunities for future testing and innovation
- Responsible for Finance Tracking for Titles: Partner with FP&A to maintain budget tracking documents for titles as needed
- In Partnership with Media Agency Manage Creative Asset Needs for Paid Media: Ensure Creative team(s) understand asset needs for paid media through fixed and fluid media runways
- Analyze Media Performance: Create weekly reports and communicate campaign status and progress to internal teams
- Actively Contribute to the Evolution of Team Processes and Workflows: Play an active role in developing processes and workflows that will benefit peers
- Develop Local Media Plans for Assigned Titles: Translate global media briefs into locally nuanced media plans by region/country, in partnership with Media Agency
-Develop Media Mix based on objective, audience sizing and cost of media
-Develop Media Tactical Plan including line by line details across fixed and fluid media
- Provide Media Plan Summaries to First Party: Ensure media plans are shared with first party teams at least 90-days prior to media go-live
- Partnership Briefings: Lead the partnership briefing process across fixed and fluid media for content integrations and custom activations
- Media Planning Timelines: Develop scheduled for assigned titles
- Local Media Actionability: Actively contribute to the creation of annual and/or quarterly reports showing local media consumption behavior and competitive tracking to inform go-to-market approach
- Creative Asset Needs: Arm creative team(s) with best practices for creative by platform and asset needs by plan
- Monthly Media Statements: Partner with media agency to ensure accurate validation of monthly media statement for billing team
- Maintain Financial Records for Brand Media Spend: Keep up-to-date records of brand media spend across fixed and fluid media for assigned titles to serve the needs of the organisation
We are looking for people who want to be pushed, who want to bring the next generation of exciting, engaging games to our players. We are looking for emotionally intelligent people with a can-do attitude and a passion for seeing content reach its full potential.
We are ideally looking for someone who has:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible and dynamic approach with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- The ability to galvanize and influence agencies, teams and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working on global campaigns and partnering with multiple territories and agencies
- Deep understanding of media programs and data-led media activations utilized in brand-led campaigns
- The experience to lead a team and agency to deliver and activate extraordinary brand-led media plans across multiple channels using all the tools at their disposable to reach and excite EA’s strategic targets for multiple award-winning video game franchises
- A solid and proven knowledge of all media (both digital and traditional) with an understanding of how brands grow and the creative ways used to bring brands to life in an omni-channel world and the role fluid channels play to achieve that
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills enabling
- An interest in first-party data targeting, attribution and media and campaign testing
Additional relevant languages is also a plus!
- Modern office conveniently located next to major transport links
- A games area with consoles so you can get your gaming fix
- Regular events, from weekly sports to quarterly offsite socials
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced dynamic company and industry
How to Apply
We invite candidates to apply directly to Electronic Arts using the apply now button.
To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers. For inquiries, please contact CareersAustralia@ea.com
Community / Marketing Title: Media Planning Manager - APAC
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-03 17:57:22.467
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.