Sr Manager Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 155715
Position Title: Technical Director I
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineering Manager
Organization: Maxis Mobile Tools and Automation Engineering
Company: Electronic Arts (EA)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Introduction on EA
We're EA - we've been making games for decades and have learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world's best games. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is an 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization focused on building the world’s best digital playground. Whether you're plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 13, chances are you've played an EA game. In an industry that's changing every day - whether it's through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization - EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims, Plants VS Zombies, Scrabble, Monopoly, and Bejeweled Blitz. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA’s portfolio of world-class brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts the company in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Critical to this growth is EA’s ability to maintain our massive engaged audience and to successfully migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution.
EA’s Quality Verification team is currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineering Manager to join the mobile game automation group here at our studio in Hyderabad. Come and join us for an opportunity to help release fun, internationally recognized titles such as The SIMs and Command and Conquer Rivals! Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of AAA game development at a world-class studio.
In this role, as a Sr. Software Engineering Manager you will drive technical planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build and enable automation test frameworks, hardware management platforms, and various tools & services to accelerate development and quality verification tasks. You will lead the engineering component of the team and provide direction to senior technical leads. In this key leadership role, you will work closely with other quality verification and game development leaders and technology partners as the technical subject matter expert for the team. Technical Directors balance strategic and tactical direction to deliver and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations.
On the technology side, you will leverage technologies and experiences from EA’s strong automation ecosystem, your mission will be to drive machine learning and risk-based testing techniques into our automation practices. You also will be writing tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, as well as advocating for best practices through tools and process.
Our ideal candidate will have well-rounded developer and stakeholder management skills. All the while having a solid technology background to provide clear vision, mission, and the strategies to execute and deliver on quality engineering solutions. The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across a large number of groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a direct impact on our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will be doing:
- Set project technical standards and policies, define the high-level architecture, processes and tools, and technical budgets.
- Accountable for the automation, tools & services’ technical design and implementation.
- Champion quality and performance. Define uncompromising target metrics and create processes and culture to exceed them.
- Improve team efficiency by identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions.
- Identify and manage technical dependencies and risks.
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners.
- Communicate technical architecture, strategy, details, and status to non-technical stakeholders.
- Share knowledge internally. Apply lessons learned by other teams and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
- Defining and driving engineering best practices that enable the team to execute on time and quality
- Acting as a single point of contact for discipline at the project level, including liaising with key external partners, i.e. Studio Tech & Tools, Ops, Platform teams.
- Owning people and career development for leads, and ensuring there is effective craft leadership for the wider engineering team
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years in software development leadership positions.
- Proven track record in the design, develop, scale, and rollout test automation systems.
- Proven track record in gathering and refine use cases and turn them into requirements and designs.
- Proven track record of building high-performance teams and institutionalizing a strong development culture.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to deliver results while tracking progress and manage risks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and processes. Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum and knowing how to connect between the iterative-process and high-level programs and milestones.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with web and mobile game development.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with smartphones game development in a connected environment.
- Experience with major programming languages such as C#, Python, C++, etc.
- Experience with Web Technologies.
- Experience with automation test
- Experience with tools & services development.
- Experience working with a team spread across multiple locations.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Manager Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-30 09:27:51.11
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.