QA Project Manager
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155712
Position Title: QA Project Manager
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Project Manager
The QA Project Manager and team are accountable for defining and delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables. You will collaborate with partner program managers to establish schedules, define budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics.
A QA PM will play a critical role in defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and the overall communication process with internal and external game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA and actively knowledge share across the organization, have a strong quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
QA Project Managers must possess both a solid project management background and strong people management skills. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test duties and processes while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on continually improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level initiatives as well as operational efficiency initiatives.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, actively engaging in daily test duties and responsibilities and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an essential function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing effective working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside business partners are critical to success in this role.
Reporting to the group QA Manager we’re looking for a highly motivated and passionate QA Project Manager to join our team to help coordinate and test an exciting new mobile title.
Core responsibilities expected, but not limited to are as follows:
- Process and workflow management, identifying, innovating and improving processes to maintain high quality standards through various development and live project cycles
- Resource management, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
- Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating ROI and cost vs benefit analysis
- Working with internal / external partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project KPIs
- Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to understand, define, propose and implement tangible solutions
- Lead change with the ability to reprioritise business critical tasks and articulate with clarity to keep the team focussed and engaged
- Strong personable people management skills with the ability to lead others, develops talent, mentors and cultivates others within their project team
- Responsible for defining, monitoring and driving product quality KPIs throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes and practices are adhered to at all times, influencing partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and stakeholders across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Drive quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to stakeholders utilizing data that represent product quality KPIs
- Active participation in the test duties and processes
Candidates will be expected to speak to the following levels of practical experience
- QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum:
- 3 years of experience in a software development environment
- 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
- 1-2 years of leadership experience
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
- Strong personal communicator comfortable communicating across technical and non-technical disciplines with the ability to influence where needed
- Strong understanding analytics and KPIs as a way of tracking product quality
- Motivated self-starter; capable of operating with some autonomy under minimal supervision, comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote best in class quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail
- Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 and/or Unreal a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc..A Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira
- Hands on experience shipping mobile titles is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: QA Project Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-13 17:07:28.783
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.