Software Engineer I
Mulitple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 155641
Position Title: Software Engineer I
As a Software Engineer working within our Central Development Services organization, you will be responsible for building automation/scripts, supporting the backend automation technologies involved in our Madden/NBA Live projects, as well as assisting in debugging issues discovered via automation. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, you will be building and extending our automated testing coverage to help us maintain high quality standards for the titles we release.
Role + Responsibilities
- Build automation coverage
- Leverage existing automation and frameworks
- Technical Design Documentation Reviews
- Clarifies how features should work to eliminate ambiguous requirements
- Work closely with development team(s) to build confidence in quality through automation
- Provide documentation and logs supporting the test effort
- Liaise and collaborate with development and QA teams
- Provide live support; feedback, issue investigation and triage
- Identify, document and highlight risks, providing mitigation or contingency solutions where possible
- Helps improve the overall quality verification process
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies
- Solid, demonstrable programming capability in C#; C++ beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Confidence with Jira, Confluence, Git, and Perforce
- Be self-motivated, adaptive, resourceful and have effective time management
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-08 18:28:33.25
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.