FIFA - Online Engineer I
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 155554
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
The Role: Online Engineer
The Online Engineer is involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
- Hands on coding (C++)
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Design and document technical designs for Online/Gamemodes systems.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and communicate status.
- Proper use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ and knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of modern Database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Solid ability to understand direction and execute on the work
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Experience of real-time game networking
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
- Experience with source control systems
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Online Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-30 16:54:48.903
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.