Project Manager - EA Compliance & Certification
Location: Madrid, ES
Requisition Number: 155535
Position Title: QA Project Manager
As EA’s Compliance and Certification team we cover First Party guideline- and EA Standards testing within each game, for all platforms. Our First Party partners contain but are not limited to: Microsoft, Sony, Apple, Google and Amazon. The purpose of EA- internal Standards is to protect the player experience and other aspects of a successful game life cycle. We are EA’s safeguard for players and partners, supporting game development by breaking down high-level policies and concepts into actionable standards.
Main Purpose of the Role
As a Project Manager (PM) for EA Compliance & Certification, you will be responsible for the overall management of allocated projects ensuring all tasks correctly planned and delivered according to the agreed schedule and budget, handling partner concerns and recommend a course of action based on product status. Financially, you will have to ensure all project scoping/ planning is correct and up to date on a consistent basis to ensure test resources are available for the entire EA portfolio. As a PM, you will own real-time tracking and reporting of key Compliance & Certification process metrics and financial data for assigned projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- People Management - Manage a small team of direct reports, focusing on mentoring, supporting and developing those individuals and their careers. Actively identify knowledge deficiencies within the group and work with the management team to contribute to the assessment and improvement of team performance. Assist in building and executing overall departmental resource plans.
- Project Accountability - Act as first point of contact for partner concerns, create solutions and delegate effectively. Own relationships with project partners across EA Studios, Quality Assurance, and the wider Central Services group, while ensuring effective communication with subject matter experts within EACC. Assess and control risk in conjunction with the overall departmental strategy; raise conflicts and other risks to management and other partners when necessary. Deliver real-time tracking and reporting via departmental systems and tools, including effort & financial reporting, both to EACC management and to our business partners.
- Relationship Management - Work with partners to build long-range project plans and accurate project scope. Work closely with EACC teams from other locations to ensure alignment on schedules, priorities, task ownership, and policy decisions. Provide swift and accurate feedback and statistics to assigned Studio- and Quality Assurance partners when requested. Take an active role and represent EACC in any project post-mortems run by the assigned EA studio. Be accountable for partner satisfaction survey results.
- Departmental Performance - Actively engage on overall departmental roadmaps and independently define related objectives, translating strategy into project goals. Meet on a regular basis with management to share, update and discuss departmental topics and future strategy. Proactively take a meaningful role in departmental process improvements, summarizing knowledge gained from post-project analysis to all members of the department, enabling continuous improvement. Encourage team members to continually analyse current process and to actively voice possible improvement ideas to management. Embrace changes in the department and be an ambassador for management’s direction to the team.
EACC is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity, where the workload and the make-up of teams vary. Therefore, it is necessary that the applicant has experience of working in a team environment of constant change. This will require a flexible approach to working hours, with the occasional need for working on weekends, which will be compensated with flex time.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience, or equivalent
- Project management skills, including setting and reviewing schedules, performance and financial targets for the project.
- Previous people management experience (direct or dotted line).
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to build and maintain a positive relationship with the project team.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills to create “win/win” situations with business partners.
- Experience in working with large scale teams remotely and on-site.
- Knowledge of video game industry methodology, including knowledge of videogame development and certification or quality assurance processes.
Please note that the nature of our business may require that certain aspects of this job description may be subject to change during the individual's period of employment
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager - EA Compliance & Certification
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-06 16:06:48.253
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES