Software Engineer III
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 155529
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Software Engineer - Gameplay
We are looking for a talented and experienced Gameplay Engineer to join an exciting AAA title that is in development.
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as animation and physics. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code as needed
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
- Design, architect and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience architecting and/or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to optimize.
Additional Skills (Preference to candidates with these skills)
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Experience working on a mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Experience in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
- Experience with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio, etc.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-07 00:00:58.487
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA