Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 155514
Position Title: Assoc DM
We are DICE Operations
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise. DICE is also home of the Frostbite Engine, SEED, and DICE Operations, as well as of the games Star Wars: Battlefront II, and Mirror’s Edge.
What will you do as a Release Manager at DICE Operations?
Your primary objective is to provide the best player experience, every release. You join our team of Release Managers in the Launch & Release Management team within DICE Operations working with games from DICE, DICE LA, Criterion, and Ghost.
- You coordinate deliveries and activities from multiple teams required to flawlessly provide excellent player experiences. Your goal is to guide a collaborative effort where great software releases to customers come only if everyone is contributing with high quality. You are responsible to drive the Release Sign-Off process in preparation for each release.
- You organize and manage multiple release streams. Leading periodic cross functional coordination meetings with all relevant departments including Development, Quality Verification, Publishing, DICE Operations, DevOps, and others; you stay on top of things, know and concisely communicate the current status. You ensure hurdles and risks are removed before they impact the release.
- You are a trusted colleague and friend. You join a team that values feedback. You are clear, honest and accurate while being open, inclusive and approachable. You are comfortable interacting with many different people representing disciplines from marketing, business development, engineering, quality verification, game development, production and operations to name a few. You are comfortable handling disagreements and facilitating resolution.
- You actively seek to engage and understand. You may often be away from your desk when working with partner teams to gain information and understanding of how things work or why they aren’t working perfectly. You’re comfortable asking the newbie questions. You are available to travel both within Sweden and internationally from time to time to deepen your understanding and relationships.
- You document and communicate your ideas, plans, activities and results because you know the benefits that enables. Moreover, you know that sharing information is central to empowering others. If you are proficient in architecting information sharing with Atlassian Confluence and JIRA then that’s a bonus. You have tools like a comprehensive Release Plan detailing the complete and accurate schedule of a release, a Release Checklist, a skill set staffing plan and deployment schedule, and robust review and retrospective process to assist you.
- You are a positive driver for improvement, continually making improvements to your way of working and proposing and implementing changes throughout the release process and our team’s collaborative framework. To focus on the resolution to issues and incidents and seek opportunities that reviews and retrospectives provide is naturally a part of the way you operate.
- You are available periodically to work outside office hours. Release Managers are on the DICE On-Call roster and become a point of contact for first line operational support. And of course you will be compensated for on-call hours.
What additional qualifications make you a great Release Manager?
- Software management and release
- Chair and lead collaborative meetings and discussions
- Customer first approach
- Highly self-motivated and self-organized
- Timely execution and adherence to schedule
- Fluency in English
- Diligence to complete objectives and finalize projects with top results
- Troubleshooting - applying general practices to resolve specific problems
- Context switching and balancing priorities between multiple activities or projects
What experience separates you from other Release Managers?
- Process ownership and refinement
- Work experience involving live service or video game development and that problem space
- Project management
- AAA Game Certification
- Releasing software on Sony and Microsoft platforms
What’s in it for you besides a new challenge?
Glad you asked! At DICE Ops we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
At DICE Ops, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and do our best to maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Release Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-26 15:14:46.757
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE