Sr Mgr, Marcom Strategy-EA SPORTS MADDEN
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 155491
Position Title: Senior Manager Marketing
We are EA SPORTS MADDEN:
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favourite sports, teams, and players. The soul of EA SPORTS is the Madden NFL franchise. Loved by millions the world over, Madden is a title which inspires current and future generations of NFL fans.
As one of the most innovative, passionate and football focused teams in the industry, we acquire the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over. If you love football, video games and entertainment, this is a role of a lifetime.
EA’s Marcom Strategy team is responsible for defining the strategies that underpin our consumer facing marketing campaigns. This global group of strategists, creative directors and copy writers define the steel threads that guide the campaign from inception to execution; including the strategic narrative, brand identity, creative platform and creative direction for our hero assets. We are equally analytical and creative, and relentlessly chase the next insight that will help us improve player experience, commercial potential and platform innovation.
EA is looking for a Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications Strategy to drive the communications and creative approach for EA SPORTS Madden NFL. This senior level position will be responsible for establishing the soul of the Madden product, then partnering with critical Brand, Game Development, Activation and Channel partners to bring that thinking to life through best in class player facing work.
- Create the player facing marketing and campaign strategies for the world’s biggest AAA NFL video game.
- Be the Key Marketing and Commercial partner for senior Studio (Brand and Development) Leaders. Together with Studio Leadership, accountable for key marketing strategy decisions which will impact the commercial success and quality of player experience for the Madden NFL Brand.
- Be a key decision-making partner in a Global Brand Atomic Unit consisting of Development, Brand, Comms, Analytics and Commercial and acting as the cross-functional leader and overall owner of the Madden NFL marketing strategy.
- Be an exemplary partner to Marcom Activation as the primary Strategic intersection with our Marcom Activation lead, to drive a universal activation approach for EA SPORTS Madden NFL.
- Distil large volumes of consumer feedback into tangible and actionable insights that can be used to optimize player experience, strategy & execution throughout the season.
- Work closely with our MS&P (Commercial) team and other cross functional partners to ensure we’re pointing our creative and communications strategy towards commercial imperatives.
- Interpret quant and qual insights from a variety of sources – Marcom Intelligence, Analytics, Consumer Insights – and implements those best practices and insights into our marketing strategies.
- Proactively champion the strategies and work of the team to internal partners up to C-suite
- Collaborate with our internal CDs, copy writers and external agencies to develop the creative platform for our games, along with the persona, tone and narrative.
- Focus not only on the ideation of the strategy, but also partner with the Activation and cross-functional teams to ensure quality and innovative execution of the strategy.
- Be responsible for establishing universal KPIs, to measure the performance, effectiveness and fame of the strategies developed.
- You’re a football fan: You must live, breathe and believe in the power of football. You must understand the cultural and creative potential of America’s greatest consumer sport and entertainment vehicle and draw together the threads between our role in that world, alongside the major leagues, teams, talent and brands which help create it.
- You’re experienced: 10+ years in a strategy or planning role within a creative agency, sports, gaming or entertainment related industry.
- You’re a leader: You have experience leading a global team of direct and indirect reports and can be an inspiring leader across the organization.
- You’re a natural born storyteller: You have an understanding of narrative being at the heart of everything from an internal presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of global video content.
- You’re a proven creator: You have a rich CV of innovative activations and content across a variety of mediums.
- You’re an expert in digital marketing and understand the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behaviour in open/closed networks, and can visualize the consumer journey across multiple often competing and disparate channels
- You’re insightful: You can interpret and decipher quant and qual data and extract the insights that will unlock innovative marketing.
- You’re fluent in gaming: You’re experienced in videogames or similar dynamic sports/entertainment environments
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Mgr, Marcom Strategy-EA SPORTS MADDEN
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-26 16:42:17.18
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US