Technical Artist II
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 155459
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
Report to Senior Art Director of EA China Studio.
- The Technical Artist is a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the TA team
- The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
- Build quality tech demos, bench-marking features and testing workflows early in development.
- Collaborate with Technical Director / Art Director on game teams to advise on tools and best practices for them to achieve their projects’ vision.
- Drive look development of assets to define how Unity can achieve high-quality visuals.
- Troubleshoot common technical issues, analyzing and optimizing content to achieve desired performance & quality on various mobile devices.
- Be an expert of EA proprietary technologies to support team’s members and outsourced vendors
- Develop and maintain content production workflows, tools development, identify and fix pipeline issues
- Contribute towards the design of game features ensuring that runtime performance and workflows meet production quality levels
- Technical workflow support for Artists and Content Creators
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing with other artists
- Works in a value collaboration and creative environment
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 3 shipped games or movies. AAA game is preferable.
- A bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Visual Effects and Computer Science.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art/engine packages: Maya/Photoshop/Unity/Substance Designer.
- An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Understand asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- The ability to think creatively, applying your existing knowledge of video games and cinematic pipelines and tools to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Analyze & improve workflow to enhance group productivity
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-26 08:19:22.293
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.