Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 155459
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
- The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the rest of the TA team
- The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team. Candidates can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Build quality tech demos, benchmarking features and testing workflows early in development.
- Collaborate with Technical Director / Art Director on game teams to advise on tools and best practices for them to achieve their projects’ vision.
- Drive look development of assets to define how Unity can achieve high-quality visuals.
- Troubleshoot common technical issues, analyzing and optimizing content to achieve desired performance & quality on various mobile devices.
- Be an expert of EA proprietary technologies to support team’s members and outsourcers
- Develop and maintain content production workflows, tools development, identify and fix pipeline issues
- Contribute towards the design of game features ensuring that runtime performance and workflows meet production quality levels
- Technical workflow support for Artists and Content Creators
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing with other artists
- Works in a highly collaborative and creative environment
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience. The ideal candidate has completed more than 3 shipped games or movies. AAA game is preferable.
- A bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Visual Effects and/or Computer Science.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art/engine packages: Maya/Photoshop/Unity/Substance Designer.
- An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- The ability to think creatively, leveraging your existing knowledge of video games and cinematics pipelines and tools to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Able to analyze & improve workflow to enhance group productivity
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!
EA offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus Plan tied to performance
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid vacations
- Competitive benefits
- Excellent career opportunities for the right individual
- Opportunity to work in a global company with exposure to international business
For more EA China job information, please follow us on WeChat!
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal year 2013, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.8 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.
PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011, and has a worldwide staff of more than 400 people in Seattle, San Francisco and Shanghai. PopCap's games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled™, has sold more than 50 million units.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-26 08:19:22.293
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.