Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 155383
Position Title: Associate Systems Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last-minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
EA SPORTS DevOps Engineer
The DevOps team is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, with high energy, dedication, and passion for technology.
The successful candidate will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and execute projects and deliver excellent results. He or she should have demonstrated ability to work effectively with large-scale systems and possess proven ability to multi-task and prioritize. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail, with strong focus on uptime and predictability. The successful candidate should be passionate building automation to reduce manual tasks. This role will also involve some on-call support duties.
- Designs, tests and supports server infrastructure per the requirements and capacity demands of our server software.
- Directly supports game server environments, from development to production.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the systems and applications.
- Performs OS configuration and hardening for security and reliability.
- Troubleshoots application, network, and server-level problems.
- Supports stress/load testing and systems evolutionary efforts.
- Designs and develops productivity-enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks.
- Maintains documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
- Supports an “always-on” gaming network infrastructure.
- Participates in an on-call rotation when needed to support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
- Troubleshoots and corrects issues raised from production and live services operations.
- Evaluates and adopts third-party technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Works with a global team to implement best of breed technologies and provides support within a follow the sun model.
- Mentors junior engineers, new hires, and interns.
- Partners with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features; partners with other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited education institution in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration and support (CentOS or RedHat) and good understanding of Networking concepts (TCP/IP, Routing, SNMP, Firewalls, Load Balancing, DNS, VPN)
- Public cloud hosting knowledge / experience (ideally AWS - EC2, RDS, S3, ElastiCache, ELB, Lambda, VPC Networking, IAM, ALB, API Gateway, WAF)
- Experience with systems operational metrics, logging and alerting tools (Prometheus, Splunk, ELK or Grafana)
- Understanding of Linux containers and related workload scheduling technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Helm)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills aligned with enthusiasm, aptitude, attitude and motivation to learn
- Strong communication skills, to partner with people and problem solve to reach common goals.
Nice to Have:
- Infrastructure as Code experience (Terraform, Pulumi, Boto)
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies (CALMS) and tools
- Experience with CI/CD automation systems, and with software build systems like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, ANT, Nant
- Knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational databases and related applications
- Understanding of document and/or key/value store such as Redis, Memcached DynamoDB, or MongoDB.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
At EA Romania, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-15 18:58:25.817
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.