Sr. Character Technical Artist
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155361
Position Title: Sr Animator
Sr. Character Technical Artist
Maxis is looking for a talented Character Technical Artist / Technical Animator. We are gearing up for our next big production and we need some passionate teammates to collaborate with to bring our new characters to life. If you are passionate about characters, rigging, & animation pipelines, bringing the latest trends in technology to bear against your craft, and collaborating with others to develop best in class character experiences for new IPs … come join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and maintain all rigs and part systems for characters and animated objects.
- Collaborate with the Animation Director, Art Director, Engineers, Character & Animation Leads to develop industry leading animation pipelines .
- Develop tools and workflows to empower character artists and animators to craft best in class character user experiences.
- Aptitude in working with keyframe animation and motion capture data, troubleshooting motion data issues, and ensuring best practices.
- Firefight production issues, investigating hot issues and resolving roadblocks.
- Understanding of performance and optimization requirements and experience diagnosing and profiling content costs.
- Collaborate with Technical Art partners across EA to develop and share pipelines and best practices.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for character and animation content development.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 6+ years of tech art / tech animation / rigging development experience in Maya for video games.
- Served as a Senior Tech Artist or Tech Animator on a published or soon to be published video game project.
- Expert proficiency with Maya.
- In depth experience with creating and maintaining high end character rigs.
- Experience building custom deformers and blend shape solutions.
- Proficiency in Python & Mel (C# and other languages a plus.)
- Experience writing tools to aid animators and character artist workflows.
- Understanding of real-time animation systems and developing within technical limitations of a range of platforms (pc, mobile, console, etc).
- Experience working in real-time game engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Strong knowledge of latest trends & technologies supporting rigging and animation pipelines & workflows.
- Experience with animation retargeting solutions (offline and in-engine) a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining animation blend trees a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple disciplines to achieve team technical objectives.
- Ability to communicate thru solid documentation of developed pipelines and workflows.
- Experience in Perforce or other version control software.
- Well versed in Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project management software.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Character Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-25 06:09:18.39
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.