Sr Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver - Downtown, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 155343
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are seeking a talented Senior Server Engineer who is passionate about making great games in a fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with design and engineering peers to create new features, systems, and technology as part of our Mobile Advanced Technology group.
The ideal candidate has mobile experience and a proven track record developing scalable systems for live services. With new, large-scale mobile games, we are pushing the boundaries on every front so you will get a chance to learn while you contribute.
- Responsible for development of ultra-fast, massively scalable, highly available services
- Implement security best practices to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
- Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to achieve goals
- Apply server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime
- A passion for playing and making awesome games!
- 7+ years professional experience, at least 3 of those years in gaming
- Technical/Hands-on experience building large scale live services for at least one game
- Expert knowledge of Java within real-time and multi-threaded environments
- Desire to create scalable services using Java and non-relational databases
- Experience with IaaS and/or PaaS offerings like AWS and/or Google App Engine
- Understanding of stable change management practices in a live service environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in highly complex systems
- Highly motivated self-starter; capable of operating with autonomy
- Knowledge of the following is also beneficial: DynamoDB, Redis, Tomcat, Spring, Linux, Gradle
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-15 23:40:47.247
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Vancouver - Downtown
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver - Downtown, British Columbia CA