Snr UX Designer
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 155338
Position Title: Sr UX Designer
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. From Burnout & Need for Speed to the critically acclaimed VR mission for Star Wars Battlefront, Starfighter Assault on Battlefront ll and now Battlefield V: Firestorm. Criterion have always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audiovisual quality.
We place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. We encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration very explicitly with regular “off-the-grid” time.
Criterion don’t put people in boxes. Folks here have freedom to navigate their careers the way their hearts take them – we’re not big on labels. Our features are built by teams who choose to work together, actively encouraging cross-discipline teams to solve the toughest problems.
The working day has space carved out for everyone to play games – by themselves or together, be they tabletop or videogames, we love them all. Learning from the widest range of experiences makes our own games better.
Over the years, we’ve learned that crunching is flat-out stupid, so we don’t do it.
The Challenge Ahead:
Criterion are embarking on their most ambitious projects to date, delivering Battlefield 5: Firestorm and a brand new, unannounced title. We are growing our team with fresh, talented people who can help us take a huge leap forward.
We require a Senior UX Designer whose natural affinity for ergonomics will ensure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces and feedback to guarantee on optimal accessibility and fluidity of the game. You will design and create interface workflows alongside logic, layout and flow for in game presentation and functionality.
What a Senior UX Designer does at Criterion:
A Senior UX Designer is responsible for developing UX Strategies and designs to deliver reusable, scalable game interfaces that immerse the player in a consistent, intuitive experience. Your analytical eye and user centric design experience enable you to create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes and designs that communicate detailed interaction behaviours to drive alignment and develop methodologies.
Collaboration is key in this role, as you bring together requirements from Art Directors and Game Directors to develop in-game visual style guide, UI design systems, information architecture and game features. You will work with a multi-discipline team of artists, engineers and technical artists. Passion and proactivity help you to drive reviews, present ideas and gather feedback.
A Senior UX Designer also needs:
- Experience partnering with key stakeholders to drive design for games, websites, mobile apps or other similar digital products; ideally in a lead role on large-scale projects.
- A visual design portfolio that demonstrates your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from inception through completion.
- Experience in creating visual style guides and design systems within the constraints of existing brand identities.
- Experience working with UX researchers, conducting user-tests and analysing data.
- Expert with visual design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Expert with UX design and prototyping (e.g. Sketch, Invision, and Adobe XD)
- Experience with Game Engines and 3D experience a plus.
- A broad interest in aspects of visual art outside of video and computer games.
- Take initiative and willing to expand own horizon
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer competitive compensation packages, but more importantly, because we love working with world-class creators, we maintain a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
- More about our studio:http://criteriongames.com/
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Snr UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-15 13:55:28.38
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB