Sr. Quality Analyst (Apex)
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Requisition Number: 155311
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Sr. Quality Analyst
The challenge ahead
The Data Analyst role, in Testing & QA organization, will be responsible for assembling data from multiple sources, conducting analyses, performing research, interacting with different internal customers, designing, documenting, and implementing analytical solutions, as well as compiling and presenting results, in graphical and written summaries, to a variety of audiences. You will be responsible for building metrics reporting systems and for tracking process improvements across the organization. You will excel in a fast paced environment, managing multiple responsibilities and deadlines in an internationally based team. The ideal candidate would be an effective communicator who combines solid technical skills with pride in excellence, who also demonstrates the potential to grow into a client-facing consulting role and/or an analytical consulting role (i.e. development of simulation models).
Conduct analysis using statistical software, databases, and spreadsheets
- Design, evaluate and monitor key metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Build and analyze live dashboards and reports
- Develop and maintain scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, transform data from different sources
- Assemble and maintain databases to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Create, operate and maintain script-driven methodologies for the generation of analysis and reports.
- Perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency
Preparation of “client ready” deliverables
- Prepare professional results in presentation and document format
- Quality assurance on final results for consistency and accuracy
- Data Analysis - good knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions - or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods
- Strong math and analytical skills including statistics, simulation, and optimization - Understanding of correlation, regression, classification and other statistical methods used to look at the data from different angles for use in prescriptive and predictive models
- Experience in working with large operational data sets, involving categorical data for solving classification problems, is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Tableau, and/or Power BI.
- Must have good database and SQL knowledge.
- Unstructured Data handling - Know best practices on how to stage unstructured data and properly model it to solve the problem at hand
- Ability to prepare professional documents and presentations using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Takes pride in achieving excellence - detail oriented, organized, careful and takes mistakes seriously
- Self-motivated and self-driven, with demonstrated ability to quickly and independently learn new concepts
- Thrives in challenging situations, considers them as opportunities for growth, and deepens its knowledge in the process
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and skills – ability to tell a compelling story supported by data
- Professionalism in working with clients and working in a team environment
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Quality Analyst (Apex)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-10 15:15:52.78
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.