Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 155298
Position Title: DD I
Step into the world of Quality Engineering where our group has one vision: we enable predictable development by driving quality ‘by design.’ This means we help produce stronger and cleaner code, robust and reliable tools, and creative new processes that push our development teams and our games to new heights.
As a Development Director in our automation space you will manage automation engineers on multiple game titles; FIFA, NHL, and UFC. You will be the keepers of the project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the engineers from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner closely with other managers/directors to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
Automation is critical in determining the quality of our software titles and something we need to constantly evolve to meet new technologies and new game features. You will work closely with Quality Verification leads to ensure that their needs are being met to allow them to test their features. You will also work closely with Development leads to ensure that our embedded test engineers are supporting the game development cycle effectively.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at:
- Builds and evolves effective team; identifies resourcing needs, provides challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the successful completion of the project
- Provides line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team
- Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
- Participates in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements
- Establishing and assigning task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Proactively assessing and mitigating risk for assigned scope
- Partnering with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources as appropriate
- Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-09 18:34:33.67
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.