Assistant Technical Portfolio Manager
Location: Madrid, ES
Requisition Number: 155261
Position Title: Asst Dev Mgr
Electronic Arts (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA™, EA SPORTS BIG™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2005, EA posted revenues of $3.1 billion and had 31 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
EA employs over 5000 people globally and has offices located throughout the US, Canada, Asia Pacific and Europe. EA’s European headquarters is located in Chertsey, UK.
Main Purpose of the Role
Act as an Assistant Technical Project Manager within EA Localization organization sited in Europe (Madrid, Spain) which provides worldwide localization and integration services.
The Assistant Technichal Project Manager will work within the Games Tech team in charge of the delivery of the Asian and Arabic skus for most of the EA titles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate EA values and create a positive atmosphere that fosters the collaboration, motivation and high performance of the entire team.
- Support the Games Tech engineers in the definition of the localization plans for the Asian and Arabic skus assigned to this team.
- Be responsible for tracking the progress of the plans defined flagging any risk identified during the delivery of the projects.
- Represent the Games Tech team during projects meeting providing visibility about project progress
- Weekly project reporting for all projects assigned to the Games tech team.
- Act as the link between EA Loc teams and Games Teach team for the delivery of the projects
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Project Management skills (Planning, Reporting, Negotiation, Risks mitigation, …)
- Project Management tools (JIRA, MS Project, …)
- Very good fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Very good communication skills (any format, any context)
- Technical background and knowledge of engineering processes
- 1+ years of professional experience in start to end Project Management (from conception to implementation, deployment and mantainance)
- 1+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering projects (Software Development or IT Implementation/Deployment)
- Proven experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural team.
- Technical experience in localisation projects or similar experience within the entertainment industry.
- Proven working experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, ...) and Agile Project Management.
- Excellent team player attitude.
- Excellent self-improvement and proactivity behaviors.
- Excellent achievement orientation. Attention to detail, focused on quality and customers/partners satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good ability to create and maintain a positive and collaborative working atmosphere.
- Good ability to identify risks, problems or deviations
- Good ability to achieve results through others by coordinating work/tasks/people.
- Good ability to prioritize and reach appropiate balance/compromises.
Good ability to participate in decision making processes by offering constructive opinions and sound judgement.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Technical Portfolio Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-08 10:06:42.777
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES