IT Desktop Support Specialist (Contract)
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 155251
Position Title: Contingent
IT Desktop Support Specialist
- To provide quality support with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness.
- All support is provided in person and the Specialist must be comfortable communicating directly with all end users in a variety of business units such as Engineering, Marketing, HR, as well as Executive level users. This is not a phone support or help desk role.
- Setup equipment for new hires and visiting staff.
- Retrieve equipment from Cubicles/Offices as needed.
- Provide problem resolution, configuration, and installation of PC hardware and peripherals, to include, but not limited to desktop PCs, laptops, and printers.
- Install, support, and troubleshoot a variety of software packages, including, but not limited to Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Mac OSX, MS Office Suite, Internet Browsers, Outlook, Mcafee, and various financial database applications.
- Lead and participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support.
- Lead and assist other desktop staff in support of a major or complex product.
- Act as a liaison, working with software or hardware vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
- Provide documentation as needed for software instructions and projects.
- Asset management using industry standard tools.
- Provide responsive service for end-user problems, inquiries, and requests. Must work within established timelines for problem resolution.
- Image Desktop and Server systems using industry standard tools.
- Strong client OS background including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Mac OSX.
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Active Directory, SCCM, and McAfee Antivirus.
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under strict time constraints. Good time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work with and support a diverse range of users with computer literacy skills ranging from the novice to the expert.
- Must have strong documentation skills.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Desktop Support Specialist (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-03 21:02:26.7
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US