Sr. Quality Analyst
Location: Seattle, Washington US
Requisition Number: 155247
Position Title: Sr Quality Analyst
Senior Quality Analyst
Come and join the PopCap Quality Verification (QV) team at EA Seattle to work with the world's best game development teams in a challenging yet fun and creative environment. In this role you will drive quality via in-depth understanding of software design, implementation and integration, and by using state-of-the-art tools to identify quality issues and bugs as early as possible. This requires test and technical expertise to ensure an amazing experience for the player.
You should be an excellent communicator, a quick learner of new technologies, flexible and capable of working in a fast-paced, high-flux setting, and able to effectively prioritise your work to organise your time. You are dynamic, enthusiastic and can collaborate successfully across both the development and QV domains to build and maintain productive relationships and communication channels.
Bring your unique skill-set to a team where you directly impact our games every day on a career path that focuses on expanding your testing and engineering skills through learning new techniques and technologies!
Check out this video playlist for more information on the discipline https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkTQYpxanmaT32txt3ajFtYAcmBL_cBo5
Scope & Impact
You will work autonomously in an embedded Agile environment as an integral and equal part of a multi-discipline team. You will be involved in the development process from design to implementation to release:
- drive early quality feedback via design documentation and planning meetings
- identify and build test plans for coverage of the feature, including necessary tools
- work with Quality Engineering to consider automation requirements and opportunities
- collaborate with Engineering to test early and verify the functionality
- partner with remote test teams to enable an optimized test plan of the integrated features
- use data to communicate the overall quality status of the features and report any associated risks
You will provide feedback on the quality of the game, identify improvements to tools and workflow and champion quality-first development practices.
Like all PopCap QV team members, you will share findings and insights and provide mentorship and training to others, both local and remote. As part of the EA QV team, you will have access to a vast network of teams around the globe and the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from peers across diverse studios and genres.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 4+ years of relevant QV experience including embedded QV methodologies
- Deep understanding of the software development process: build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, code / data dependencies
- Ability to find root causes of issues by using tools to investigate common software debug artifacts (callstacks, exceptions, asserts, network calls, logs)
- Well-practiced in Agile Development and optimizing the test process including successful application of defect prevention and containment
- Hands-on experience with Test Automation to improve code stability and optimize test coverage
- Experience supporting a Game as a Live Service balancing major planned updates with frequent events while reacting to customer feedback
- Proficiency with Hansoft and JIRA and development tools such as Perforce and Jenkins
- Excellent ability to multi-task conflicting demands based on project status and timelines
- A passion for gaming and the ability to critically evaluate the design, art and economy that influence player behavior.
- Bonus: Basic coding skills such as familiarity with SQL calls, loops
- Bonus: Successful collaborator with external test teams
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked
We love to brag about our amazing perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. We realize it takes exceptional people to make world-class games and that’s why we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every single day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/studios/popcap
- Our work schedule: This is a full time position with typical office hours
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Quality Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-04 16:05:09.66
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US