Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155238
Position Title: Senior Accountant II
This is an individual contributor role reporting directly to the Manager of SEC Reporting. The Senior Accountant will perform an integral role on the team responsible for the SEC reporting function at EA. Looking for a team player who is detail-oriented, possess strong organization skills, and has prior experience with 10-Q’s, 10-K’s and SEC rules.
- Prepare the Company’s financial reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K and other SEC filings, including gathering and consolidating information related to required disclosures, preparing various footnotes and other disclosures including MD&A, coordinating the preparation of backup documentation, and reviewing filings for compliance with GAAP disclosure requirements.
- Plan for the filings such as preparing 10-Q/K shells, calendars, confirmation emails, process checklists, disclosure checklists, etc.
- Resolve feedback on 10-Q/K’s received from various individuals both inside and outside the Company, including external auditors
- Prepare and review the XBRL tagging for Forms 10-Q and 10-K
- Assist with GAAP and SEC research as necessary
- Assist in the monthly close process. This will include maintaining certain balance sheet account reconciliations (goodwill, intangible assets, loan covenant calculations, etc.)
- Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Maintain and ensure compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist with other duties and special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ total experience in accounting role with exposure to SEC filings, ideally with minimum 2 years’ experience at a public accounting firm plus 1-2 years industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in U.S. GAAP technical accounting research with emphasis on disclosure requirements
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Must be detail-oriented yet analytical, well-organized, and diligent
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to collaborate with various teams across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with XBRL tagging software (Workiva)
- Experience with Hyperion/Essbase software
- Experience with Oracle ERP systems
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-05 23:04:41.407
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.